54.

Rosalie:

I kept on looking at the sun. It is a belief that looking at the sun causes you to gradually grow blind. It's better than all of this already. But it is all in vain. Jewel Shuping had tried it.

I closed my eyes and opened back to look at Theodore as he stared at me.

"You know that people go to beaches and wear bikinis to do this," he said smiling.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I got up and looked at him.

"Exactly. You are so dressed up. Were you waiting for someone handsome, that is, me?" he asked grinning.

"How can you make everything about yourself?" I asked him.

"It's an art, honey," he said as he sat down.

"But seriously, why are you here? Your mother told me that you were out studying. Seems like you know how to say a lie and sneakily meet someone else. Wait... Why are you here?" he asked.

"I wanted to come out for a little while," I said.

"Come out? You were out with me just yesterday," he said.

"Yes. You solves the case. You should go and play now," she said.

"Rosalie... Stop hiding things from me," he said.

"Yeah. Right," I said.

"What is with that expression?" he asked.

"Don't do this. I don't want to go there," I said.

"What did Martin do?" he asked as he looked in my eyes. His eyes were burning. It was impossible for me to lie.

"He... He is... Getting married," I said.

"He told you. When?" he asked.

"In the morning," I said as I pulled a grass.

"Shouldn't you be happy about it? He is going away for fuck's sake!" he said as he pulled me up.

"Actually. Yeah. But what's wrong with my Mom?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong. It's fucking great. He's gonna leave you alone!" he said.

I told him everything.

"He doesn't deserve to discard us and grow a new one. He is unworthy of this advantage. My mother works her ass off at the job and goes out on weekdays and weekends. Skylar works hard. She tries hard not to spend much. I worked two jobs. Just because of that asshole. He lives in a fucking mansion for fuck's sake!" I said.

"I know what he did is bad. But what you said is worse Rosalie! Don't risk yourself!" he said.

"I can't trust anyone because of this. Things don't look bad when they are broken. They look worse when they have cracks. I have cracks. I am not broken. It would have been easier to pull myself back together but you don't understand that the cracks don't let you break. They are constant reminders of your being. I become a disease, a defect for my own mind. I want to throw myself in water and suffocate oxygen out of me," I said.

"Get up," he ordered.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

He sighed as he picked me up and started walking towards the Natatorium.

"Put me down, now," I urged as he opened the door and walked in.

He put me down. I lost balance and fell onto the floor.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"You want to suffocate yourself. Come on," he said as I got up. He removed his jacket and threw it on the floor.