47.

Rosalie:

I tied a portion of my hair from both sides. I put on my chain and helped Skylar flatten her hair.

She kept quite until we got off at the doorstep. Father dearest opened the door for Skylar as she smiled and hugged him.

"Rosalie?" he asked as he walked over to me. He opened his arms.

"Good evening, Father," I said as I shook his outstretched hand. He was taken aback as he looked at me.

"I hope you'll behave. Smile," he said as he held Skylar's hand and steered her into the hall. The house had a very big hall. There were people around us. Most of them were known, some of them were variables.

I found Dakota standing on the staircase, leaning against the wall and observing us.

"Since you'll also be inheriting my estate, I want you to introduce you to potential future clients," Martin said.

He took us over to the Kims. The Asian couple was intellectual and manipulative. They had been over at parties before. Mr Kim was a good ally of dearest father.

"Mr Kim, you must remember Rosalie," he said.

"I do know about you. She is your bright daughter, right?" Mr Kim said.

"Correction... Used to be his bright daughter," I added. They looked at Father.

"Yes darling. Now she is my funny daughter," he said.

"Pleasure to meet you," they said. After exchanging a few words, they left over to chat with others.

"You," he said, "In the office, now."

I followed him over to his study as he closed the door.

"What do you think you are achieving by antagonizing me?" he asked.

"You brought that up. I am not your daughter. I don't like pretending to be your daughter," I said.

"You better start behaving now. I am gonna have a few important guests over anytime now. If you dare do anything to sabotage me, I won't let you walk away easily," he said.

"Or what? You'd beat me? Take away my rights on the property? Do something vicious to me?" I asked as I sat down on the chair. I crossed my legs and looked at him.

"Because let me tell you, I am not gonna let you walk away from it either," I said.

"What do you blame me of?" he asked.

I snorted.

"I blame you of every thing that's wrong with me. I am unable to trust people because of you. I am freak because of you!" I said.

"You are a freak because of your own choices Rosalie! Don't drag me into your damage!" he said.

"Oh right. I forget that you can't take responsibility. My bad, father dearest," I said.

"ROSALIE!" he said angrily.

"I am sure your guests will like you screaming at your daughter," I said.

"Do not say another word!" he said.

"If I wanted to listen to you, I still wouldn't. You are a selfish mean person who needs to buckle up and own his mistakes," I said getting up and walking closer to him.

"That's enough. Just get out of my house this very instant," he said as he looked at me.

"Alright. But I won't. I am guest to a high rank party thrown by Mr Martin Bloomingham. How dare I walk away! It'd be so disrespectful," I said. I turned and walked towards the door.

"And remember to smile, dear father," I added with a smirk on my face.

I walked out and down the stairs over to Skylar who sat with Grandma.

"What did my asshole of a son want to do with you?" Grandma asked.

"Nothing. He just wanted my view on something," I said as I sat down on the couch next to Grandma.

"Did you take your pills on time? I haven't seen you in ages," I said.

"Martin didn't let me leave the house. Had a 24 hour nanny for your granny," she added.

"He is pain, right?" Skylar asked.

"My son sure is. The one in the behind sort," Grandma added.

"No... I meant him," Skylar said as she pointed behind towards the door as Theodore and his father walked in with his mother. Theodore didn't notice me as he walked away with his parents.

Minutes later Dakota walked over to us. She was wearing a black strapless frock that gave way too much of her breasts.

"And there is this pain," Grandma said as Dakota looked at her.

"Ya, right back at you," Dakota said with a smile.

"What's with it?" I asked her.

"Daddy dearest want us to talk more. He thinks that it'd be better for him. Give him a peace of mind," she said.

"Well... I don't want to disrupt his insanity," I said.

"He wants us to great some guests that have arrived," she said.

"Hmm," I said as I got up and walked with her over to Mrs Kim who sat alone.

"We meet again," Mrs Kim acknowledged.

"We do. I want you to meet Dakota umm... Should I say Green or Bloomingham?" I asked her.

"I think Green fits fine," Dakota answered.

"She is my father's girlfriend's daughter," I said.

"I'm... I am sorry but I have to meet Mr Curdle. I'll see more of you in the future," she said awkwardly.

"Oh... You'll see more of her than me," I said pointing over at Dakota. Mrs Kim hurriedly left away.

Dakota looked at me smiled.

"You could be a great mean bitch," she said.

"Better than you, right?" I asked as we walked over to the Paynes.

Theodore looked at Dakota first and then at me.

"Welcome. I am Martin's daughter Rosalie Bloomingham," I said.

"Oh," Mrs Payne said as she smiled.

"I know it's a bit sad," I said.

"What?" she asked.

"That the decorations are a bit off. Rosalie has a keen eye," Daddy dreaded walked over to us.

They laughed as I forced one out of me. It was effortless. I had been doing it for most of my life anyway.