41.

Rose:

"I never bullied you," Theodore said.

"Yes you did. That too innumerable times Sir," I said still driving.

"Name one incident," he said.

"Well... The first day of sophomore year. You were the popular jock and I was the class monitor. I was given the task to help you out in studies. I tried teaching you after hours but you'd go away to the field. You harassed me. I tried to coerce you and you just sat there next to me with your head down and eyes closed. You were successful in bugging me to the extreme," I said.

"I wouldn't have done that," he protested.

"Same time, you had put cock roaches in my locker. You had also put glue on my desk that caused me a lot of pain. The glue had stained my dress a shade of red for the whole day. Luckily I had Casey to help me out," I said.

"How did he help you?" he asked.

"He had his jacket in the car. I had to wear it the whole day long so that you and your fellows could stick it in your faces," I said.

"That must have been Scott. It wouldn't be me," he said.

"You wanna know more? Alright. Whenever I tried introducing something good or present, you were always quite the antagonist. You annoyed me," I said

"I sound like a horrible man!" he said.

"You are one," I said. He pouted.

"But you have changed. Past all those silly and nuisance pranks, you have grown. It's for the good," I said.

"But seriously. I wanna apologise to you. I was a dickhead back then," he said.

"You were. I however forgive you. What you did just made me stronger. I got aware that I need to check what I am sitting and stay away from people like you," I said.

"Do you still hate me?" he asked.

"I like you. The you you are now," I said. Before he could point a finger I pulled over and walked out of the car towards the venue.

"I guess we could work with it," I said as the manager informed me that there had been a technical issue. Instead of the room per team, there was a hall per 5 teams.

"We'll put up the signs and rounds soon. I am sorry!" the manager said as he left.

"Now what?" Theodore asked.

"We can't discuss game plan. The other teams will be there in the same room!" I said looking at him.

"Why does the game plan matter? We are gonna ace it anyway," he said.

"It's a system. It works this way. There are some last minute responsibilities that are to be handed off," I said.

"Calm down," he said as he put his arm on my shoulder.

"Let's first see the hall and it's arrangements. Shall we?" he asked.

I nodded as we walked towards the hall A.

It had our name on the door along with other teams.

"Not the Tottenham freaks!" I said.

"Why? They got beaten by us in the football season," he said.

"Remember this. Tottenham plays dirty. They will go to the extreme if they have to," I said.

"Wouldn't I know it? I was hurled to the ground by them," he said.

"That's not the case. They have some super fast nerds as well. Be ready for a duel," I said as we walked in.

The hall was decently large. I put my bag down on one of the couches in the corner.

"I guess we could make do," I said as I removed my coat and put it on the bag.

"Anyways..." I said as I removed two badges.

I handed the school badge to him as he looked at me.

He then put his arm forward and looked at me.

"What do you expect me to do?" I asked.

"Pin it," he said as he walked closer. I took a step back ultimately falling on the couch. He smiled as he bent down with his face just inches to mine. His hand ran down to my skirt as his eyes lingered on mine.

He ran his thumb along my lip as I looked in his eyes. They say that forest fires are hot and fiery. I saw that in his eyes.

"I just heard about what it is," Casey said as he walked in. Theodore turned to look over at him as I quickly snuck from his grip.

"I can come later," he said.

"I can appreciate that," he said just when I shook my head.

"Come in," I said.

He walked over and gave me a box.

"I picked them up from Waffles when I was coming over," he said as he settled down next to me in his highneck white sweater.

"You remembered!" I said smiling as I pulled one out.

"Whats the story behind the donut?" Theodore asked.

"When we were little, I always persisted for us to go to Waffles. Rose didn't like them before. She loves them now. It's actually the place where we used to meet everytime. Maybe we can go sometime again," Casey added the last part looking at me.

"I love that. Thanks. I love you," I said smiling as I bit into the soft sponge of the donut. It was just absolutely tasty.

"Have some," I said as I thrust it forward towards Casey. He took a bite smiling.

"Damn that's tasty!" he said. I nodded as he smiled.

"Yes. We can go sometime," Theodore replied.

"I am sorry but it's kind of our thing. I am sorry I have to turn you down," I said.

"Oh... Alright. Anyways, I gotta call my Dad. See you," he said as he kissed my forehead and then my just brushed off a crumb from the corner of my lip.

I knew what he was doing.

Casey raised his eyebrows questioningly as I just shrugged.

Theodore is an exception at everything, but not in this one.