84.

Skylar:

"That's a gorgeous dress, Martin but I already bought it for them," Mom explained to Dad. I stood by the staircase eavesdropping.

"They can wear them for some other occasion. Maybe the cocktail party tomorrow," Dad argued.

"I am wealthy enough to buy them beautiful dresses. We don't need your help," Mom said frustrated.

"Just take them away. Keep it for God sakes!" Dad said.

"Why don't you let me do it? They are my kids too... Do you want to take them away?" Mom cried out.

"You are being unreasonable... Of course they are your kids but can you not deny that they are mine too!" Dad said.

"Where were you when they needed you?" Mom cried out again.

"I want to make up for that!" Dad answered.

"Shit.... I am sorry... Ughh... It's your marriage tomorrow... I am really sorry... Send the dresses by. I'll leave it to the girls to decide..." she answered.

She closed her laptop and went to the kitchen sink.

"Sky... Come out now," Mom said.

I walked out to her hugging her closer than ever.

"I didn't mean it!" she cried.

"He'll understand... Come on..." I said kissing her head. The doorbell rang as I got the door. Out there stood Rose with Uncle Brad.

"Hey Pooh!" he smiled putting his arm around me.

"Uncle B!" I smiled as Rose pushed his bag inside.

"You have gotten even more beautiful!" he said kissing my forehead.

"Brad?" Mom walked out.

"Chelena!" he smiled walking to her and hugging her.

"Chelena?" she asked.

"Cheyenne?" he asked.

She pushed him away as he hugged her even tighter.

"Chelsea! How have you been?" he asked.

"Good... Aren't you checking in a little too late for a Godfather?" she asked.

"I had to go abroad for work..." he answered.

"Back in high-school we were so cool!" he laughed.

"Running in the halls," Mom chimed in.

Uncle Brad was like Casey to Mom. They were close friends until they drifted apart.

The memories were relived later that night as they drank together in the kitchen, washing it all down with liquid courage and tears.

Rose:

We got off at the wedding venue. Uncle Brad stayed back with Mom as he brought us beautiful corsages that he himself had customised.

The wedding venue was beautiful. White flowers hung from the ceilings in a delicate pattern, entwining with pink, blue and purple flowers. The colours were soft and bold at the same time.

The way to the stage was lit up by a runway of sorts. A big curtain was hung at the back of the room. Sky smiled marveling at the site. It was gorgeous. We met up with Aiden and Theodore before the ceremony and sat down together. We entwined out hands as the ceremony began.

Dad stood out front, his eyes locking with mine as he winked smiling. The orchestra started playing as his gaze averted to the curtain. Celine walked out clad in a rosy haze. She had worn a rosy, tea-length dress with a matching bejeweled veil with a beautiful crown. Dad breathed out, his eyes lighting up. He knew she was the one.

She walked out, eyes set on him. Dakota walked out after her. The moment felt still. The room felt empty except for Dad and Celine. Their eyes not leaving each other's, dancing a pattern dearly known to them.

When it was time for the vows, Celine faced Dad with a tender gaze. She smiled before she could say a word.

"Dear Martin, dear husband-to-be. Things shall become anything we want them to be. Whatever we think, can become a thing. I trust you. I love you. Everything is true. Nothing became bad nor did anything change. The only thing changed is us. I trust you with everything I have. Everything I am made of. My heart, my mind, my arms, my lips, my poetry, my lullabies, my songs, my tears, my eyes. I love you to a height I had never imagined. I care for you more than myself. I don't regret anything that night. If I could remember everything about that night. Every speck of dust in the right way, I would. Because I love you. I trust you. The purple hues shall sing a song, a song made of me, I waited for the one too long, you made me believe, for I have hurt before, to them Sorry I plead, but God gave me the one I could treasure so dearly!" Celine said, her eyes getting moist. On her lips, played the sweetest smile I had ever seen. She places the ring on Dad's hand as we clapped.

"Celine, my dear love. I have loved you so dearly and passionately that I get goosebumps every time you walk past me, my breath hitches and your sweet scent lingers around me. We dance a strange melody. You are the curtain that never let's me fall. I can cry onto you and you'd stay by me, patiently, covering me. You caress me gently, softening every blow for me. It's true I hated me. I hated everything I did and if I could go back and rectify, I would. But never will I regret meeting you, ever so lovely, clad in blue sitting alone staring into the distance. For I love you more than I despise myself. We are a symphony, unheard and true, but all I wanna see, is you. I love you, Celine. I truly do," Dad said as he kissed his ring and put it like a crown on her finger.

"May I kiss you?" she asked.

"Always and forever," he answered as they kissed. His hand took hers as they didn't break eye contact.

Theodore looked at me, a tear dripped off his eye.

I smiled as I put my arm around his shoulder. He smiled wide. Sky was full-on crying as Emmet wiped her tears with his hands.

We all deserve the one. Theodore was the one for me. Skylar was the one for Aiden. And believe it or not, Martin was the one for Celine. The moment made me remember a quote from Marcel Proust.

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
                     ~Marcel Proust.

The ones and the variables are important for the journey of life, we so dearly covet. Cheers to us, cheers to variables but most importantly cheers to being ourselves and having fun and accepting things and dealing with situations and emerging stronger.

I love you, Theodore.