55.

Aiden:

"Audrey!" I waved for my elder sister as she walked out of the airport with her luggage and her newborn daughter.

"Audrey... Here," I said grinning.

She wheeled past me.

"Audrey Sparks," I said as I followed her out.

"Stop it. I get it that you are excited but you are acting like a child," she said as she looked at me.

I took the luggage from her and wheeled it towards the car.

"How was the flight?" I asked her.

"It was great. Brian couldn't accompany me though. Bree fell asleep midway. She'd be awake and demanding milk any time now," she said as I opened the door for her.

"Help me out of this," she said pointing at the, I dunno, baby carrying sack?

"Alright," I said as she turned her back.

"How do I work this?" I asked.

"There is a belt in the lower back. Just untie it first," she said.

"Alright," I said as I followed her instructions. When the sack, as I am calling it, was removed, Audrey took a deep breath.

"Bree is heavy for me to carry," she said as she stretched.

She say down with the baby and cradled it as I got into the driver seat.

"Why didn't you come over here to have the baby? Mom would have loved it," I said.

"I know. I was busy with the headquarters and Dad was busy with investments. You know that I cant ditch all of it. Brian used to help me out. His folks were there. Mom had come over. I wish you could be there," she said.

"For what? You know that I wouldn't have been able to see you in pain," I said as I started driving.

"I know. You see one of those kids who can't stand pain. It wasn't pain though. They had dosed me," she said.

"Still. It would have been awful," I said.

"It was worth it after Aubrey was born," she said.

Bree woke up with a cry.

"For God's sakes... What do you want now?" she asked frustrated.

"Yeah right. It is beautiful," I teased her. She beat me on the shoulder as we kept on driving.

Audrey coaxed the baby softly and gently rocked her back to sleep.

"Dad is in the office. Mom will be back by midnight. She is attending some event," I said. She didn't reply so I looked at her. She was asleep and Bree's fingers clutched her index.

I turned off the music and kept on driving.

My phone rang as Audrey stirred a little. I hung it up and kept on driving.

I pulled up in the driveway.

"Aud... We are here. Wake up," I said as I touched her cheek.

She sighed as she opened her eyes.

"Your room is ready. Mom had had the room customised. Go in. I'll bring the bags," I said.

She nodded. She was still in a trance so I took Bree from her hands and carried a bag inside.

After getting her settled, I closed the doors. I picked up my phone to see a missed call from Rosalie.

I called her back.

"Hey... Did Skylar drop by?" she asked.

"No. Um... Why?" I asked.

"Well... She is really upset so if she comes around please coax her, alright?" she asked.

"Shall I look around?" I asked.

"No. Um... I am sure she is alright. But if she comes over please let her in!" she said.

A/N this call had happened around the time Rosalie had left Casey's house and walked over to the school.

"Alright," I said. A few hours passed.

Later, around 3pm, I went to buy essentials for Audrey. I drove by Skylar's house. I decided to drop in. I knocked the door once and twice. There was no answer. Her phone was switched off.

She hadn't been home. I got back in the car and drove back home.

My phone rung as I picked it up.

"Rosalie. Did you find her?" I asked.

"Who and who?" Dad asked.

"I am sorry. Hey Dad... How have you been?" I asked.

"I don't know. Who's missing?" he asked.

"No one. When are you coming back?" I asked.

"Later. Come over to the company and take this gift for Audrey and Bree. I would have sent it over by someone but I am in a meeting. Be fast, thanks!" he said as he hung up the call.

My father is weird. He is instructing me and also thanking me.

I drove over to the building and walked by the crechè over to father's office. I picked up the gift. While returning, I looked right towards the creche. I found Skylar sitting on one of the chairs, reading a book while playing with a little girl. She smiled at the girl.

I walked in to get a closer look. I had forgotten the fact that I didn't own an invisibility cloak.

"What are you doing?" We asked each other in unison.

"I came to pick up things for my sister. Reminding me of the fact that your sister is worrying about you. Your phone is off. What happened?" I asked.

"It's time for you to know things," she said as she pulled me up and took me downstairs to the parking area.

I put the things in the back of the car as she looked at me.

She started speaking.

"And I am not gonna hold anything back. The reason is that I trust you a lot. I like you!" she said as she told me.

I had never known these things about her. I knew something about her father ticked het off but the details were heartbreaking. I couldn't believe her. She always seemed so happy and casual and fun and charming. I had never even fathomed about the darkness that lurked behind her sun.

She was crying, hard. I pulled her closer to me and hugged her. She easily masked everything. I thought I knew her.

I warmed her face as tears gushed out. I softly rocked her.

I put the seat belt on. I couldn't leave her alone at her house. I drove her over to my house.

"You don't pity me, do you?" she asked as I parked the car.

"No. Because I know that you are strong and don't need that jabber. You are not weak like they think. You have worn the mask for so long and carried the weight and been shining and soft and beautiful. If anything then I am falling in love with you. The real you. Heck I might even be in love with you, " I blurted out.