8.

Rose:

I browsed the shops.

I couldn't find anything that'd make him feel happy. He probably has tons of Teddy bears, courtesy of people calling him 'cute'.

I walked down the shops to the one in the corner. A little frail lady sat there. She looked at me and smiled. There were books behind her back. Lined up racks. Some of them were hardbound, some were paperback, some were thick and small in size while some were thinner comparatively and longer in size.

"Looking for something in particular, dear?" she asked.

"No... Just browsing," I said as I scanned the titles.

"I don't get many customers now. How I wish I could get rid off some of these books!" she said.

"I own a library. Maybe you'd like to give them to me?" I asked her.

"I would. Nobody buys them anyway," she said.

"Are these second hand?" I asked her.

"They are my Son's," she said.

"He doesn't?" I asked her. She nodded.

"He outgrew them... You can browse but I hafta close up today," she said.

"Thanks," I said.

She nodded and penguin-walked her way back to the stool.

I scanned the shelves.

I picked up 'Yours' and remembered that I had read it.

It's about a girl and a boy, the most unexpectedly fall for each other.

The girl when looked at him for the first time after a whole year on scholarship abroad. All she could muster up was.

"Dying to know. Afraid to find," I breathed.

"Made up your mind?" she asked.

"Yes." I said smiling.

"'Yours' by Siobhan Plunkett. Bold choice," she said.

"I want someone else I know to read it," I said.

"You like him, don't you?" she asked as I handed her the whole sum.

"I do," I said. She smiled.

"By anyway do you have sticky notes?" I asked.

She handed me a stack of them. I removed my pen and started writing down some notes for him on them and stuck them to the pages I knew had the quotes.

On the first page of dedication, I wrote down the date of the day and under that wrote 'This date mattered.'

Date as in the count of day and date also as in the gathering we had.

I found the line I had remembered and wrote another one down and pasted it.

By around the midst of the book, I found another line by the character where she awkwardly smiled and decided that its fine to admit it to him.

I maybe, sorta, kinda, possibly, slightly, might like you.

"I do," I wrote down on the note and stuck it to the page.

The amusement park started shutting down.

I rushed over to the parking lot.

"I thought maybe you ran away," he said as he came over to me smiling.

"I don't run away from challenges," I said.

He smiled as he looked at me.

"What did you buy me?" I asked.

"See for yourself," he said as he handed me the bag. My eye fell on the quill. It was white, soft and fluffy. In came another bottle of ink.

I felt so happy that I put my hands on my face trying to stop him from seeing me.

"It's beautiful," I said as a tear almost fell down.

He just smiled as he put his arm around my body and kissed my forehead. I looked at him.

"There's more," he said. I put my hand down eagerly like a child does Christmas morning down his stockings.

I pull out a snow globe.

It takes me a while to register what he wanted to say.

"In every moment you feel caged and cold, remember that the little house inside is your soul and the glow is your heart. You are enchanting Rose." He said.

I smiled as he squeezed my hand.

"I-... You don't know how beautiful it is," I said. He smiled.

"There's more." He said. I put my hand back in the bag and pulled out a box.

I opened it to find the replica of the Ferris Wheel we rode up on.

"So that you know that this was all real. That we made every second count. This wasn't a mere summer midnight dream," he said.

I looked at him before he pulled me close again hugging me.

"Now my gift," he said.

I suddenly felt embarrassed. Maybe I made the wrong decision.

"I think we should leave it here," I said.

"Hey... I waited for my gift..." He pouted. I looked at him.

"Alright," I said as I removed the book from my purse.

He took it from my hand gingerly as he opened it.

"It's a book," he said.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to take it... I'll bring something new for you, if there is a second date." I said.

"I get it. You wanted a second date. That's why you bought me a book," he said.

"I'm sorry I disappointed you," I said.

"No you didn't. But bringing me a book isn't a good idea," he said.

"I guess I am too used to buying things for Skylar and Casey that I forgot that you don't read," I said.

"You buy things for Casey?" He asked.

"Yes. He is my best friend lest my only friend," I said.

At the mention of Casey, he snapped the book and hugged it close to him.

"Thanks." He said.

I nodded.

"Our dinner is remaining. I bought up takeouts... Get in the car." He said. I nodded.

We drove silently to a cliff. We got out and saw the lights off the buildings.

He looked at me and smiled before he turned to look at me.

"I thought that the man that I kiss first will be mine," I said.

"That's what Fairytales make you believe. I can give you a relationship like the ones in the Fairytales," he said.

"Like In Fairytales?" I asked.

He nodded before he picked me up and put me down on the good of the car, his hands at both my sides and his body touching my legs.