58.

Theodore:

I stopped the bike in front of a convenience store.

"This is a dangerous mission. So I need to know that you won't chicken out," I said.

"I assure you I won't. Is it a suicide mission?" she asked.

"Maybe. We need code names," I declared.

"I'll be Terror. You be Rage," I suggested.

"No. That's weird," she said.

"How about Doctor and Rampage?" I asked as I pushed a trolley and walked towards the vandalism aisle.

"Better if we name us Dora and Boots?" she said sarcastically.

"Sounds cool, Boots!" I said as I put in rolls over rolls and pushed towards the paint aisle.

"You are crazy. What's the plan? Pray tell!" she said.

"No plan. We are just gonna do what I do best," I smiled.

She grinned as she took out  a can as well.

He paid the bills as we walked out with a few paints and 4 brushed each. We stacked the cans and started towards our journey.

We drove over to her father's house. I stopped my bike behind the wall of the house.

"What are you doing?" she scolded me.

"Ssh... Follow me." I said as I smiled and took her hand in mine. I carefully made the way to the back wall of the house.

"What if he sees us?" she asked confused.

"He won't," I smiled.

"How can you be sure?" she asked.

"Because my father is attending a party with them," I grinned. She sighed.

A rock was stacked against the wall. I got on top of it. I hoisted her up.

"Is there grass around the back?" I asked.

"Yes. Soft lush one," she answered.

"Perfect!" I said.

"Why?" she asked me still whispering.

I smiled as I put her on the wall.

"What are you doing?" she asked frenzied.

"Something you should have done before," I said. She looked at me with a question mark.

"Jump in," I told her.

"I can't Dora. It's crazy," she said.

"I'll accompany you," I said. She looked at me once before she jumped and landed on the soft grass with no sound. I smiled as I took a little run and tossed myself to the ground.

"If you see someone, say Wreck-it-Ralph. OK?" I asked her. She nodded. We walked over towards the back door.

"Step back. I'll open it," I said.

"No. This is crazy. Let's go back," she said. I put a hand on her mouth as she looked at me.

"Believe me," I said.

She nodded.

I took a step closer and looked at the lock.

"It's a code lock. Do you know what the code is?" I asked her.

She took a step further and tried a combination. It didn't work.

"These type of alarms allow only 5 mistakes before alerting," she said.

"Try your birthdate," I said. She tried it. The door didn't budge. She tried another combination.

"I don't think this is gonna work. Let's go back the way we came in," she said.

"No. It's the way in. We can't scale the wall back up," I said.

"So we are trapped?" she asked me.

"No. Try again," I urged her. She put in a combination that worked. She was shocked at it herself. We tiptoed in. She punched the security code as I looked at her. If thievery was a skill, she was a champion at it too.

She nodded as she put her hand in mine and we ran towards the stair, tiptoeing.

"What are we doing?" she asked.

I gave her a paint brush and a can of paint.

"This is vandalism... We can't. What if we get caught?" she asked.

"Don't do it to such an extent that it becomes hard to recover." I said.

"It would lead to 3 years in jail!" she said.

"Then don't do it yourself. Build a setup. Like if they open the door then the can falls on them or the floor. Something like that," I said. She looked at me quizzical before nodding. She went upstairs to work with it as I followed her. I could hear her chest pound. After setting up the cans, we painted a 'D' and 'B' on the mirror. The cans would fall onto their heads or trip them and fall down the stairs.

"How will we get out?" she asked as I removed the trace of paint from her lip.

She walked towards a specific room and stopped before turning the doorknob. I followed her. I could tell by the way it was. Books and newspaper cuttings and drawers strewn open. It used to be her room.

"He must have an awful lot of courage to have kept it the same way. He must be insane," she said as she walked out. I looked at her as a tear shone under the light reflected by the chandelier. I smiled as I dropped the paper I had written in the meantime. I put it on the door with the help of glue and walked out.

"It's time to Wreck the Ralph.." I said as she clearly had too much of the place.

"What are we gonna do?" she asked.

"It's for you to decide. I bought you in. You'll bring us out," I said to boost her adrenaline.

"Well... There are smoke alarms in the place. If we burn something, it'll send signals to the fighting squad. It's too dangerous. I don't know. I am not good at this," she said.

"Think," I stressed her.

"FUCK!" she shouted.

"I'm sorry," she realised.

"Move. Run!" I told her as I opened the door for her. The 'Ralph' was already in.

He was shining a flashlight at us as we ran out from the back door open to the grass. She ran and ran as she looked at me.

"What are we gonna do?" she asked as we neared the wall.

I ran faster than and jumped to the other side.

"Jump a little. I'll catch you!" I said.

"It's impossible!" she cried out.

"Hold my hand," I said as I leant towards her. In the adrenaline, I pulled her up as she grabbed hold of the wall and jumped to the other side.

We could hear very faint police sirens in the vicinity.

"We are gonna go to jail!" see cried.

"No. Sit down on the bike!" I said.

She looked at me.

"I can't drive," she said.

"My hands are sore. I'd lose control of the bike. Just move!" I said.

"What about the car?" she asked.

"We can't waste much time!" I said. She looked at me before she sat down in the front. She accelerated as her hair flew towards me.

She could control it. I revved the accelerator as the bike zoomed out. We took a detour and drove over to the new street behind the neighbourhood that connected to the main street. She was driving fast. Her heart was pounding. She was smiling, hard.

"Good job, Boots," I said as she kept on driving.