63.

Theodore:

I got into my car and tried calming myself down. I closed my eyes but I couldn't handle it. I wasn't upset for the fact that someone insulted me, I was upset about the fact that the girl I admired was standing right there. She could have said something. Not that she didn't. She did speak for me but it was like a debate.

She didn't ask him to shut up. It doesn't matter what Casey thinks about me. It fucking doesn't.

My door opened as Carlos got in.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he pulled his seat belt on.

"What? Oh, I get it," he said as he removed the belt and leaned in to put mine.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked him as he pushed him away.

"Nothing. That's what cars were meant for. These are not panic rooms or rant rooms," he said.

"I am trying to hold my shit together. Please leave," I said.

"Two extra hands won't hurt. I have always been curious about whether your shit is glittery," he said.

"Ew! Can we not talk about the things that I and my toilet know?" I asked him.

"On one condition, you have to talk about it with me," he said.

"I just need some space. Leave me alone," I said.

"That's what Justin said to Selena. I ain't leaving you," he said as he looked at me.

"What the heck is wrong with me? Why am I constantly embarrassing myself while I pull Rose up? What the fuck went down in my life?" I asked him.

"This is not a competition. This is not the way we bounce. No," he said.

"I mean. I tried hard. I didn't force her into being with me. Or force her to kiss me. Or force her to spent the night out and get drunk. Or force her to love me. This feels so good but so wrong," I said.

"Since when do you care about wrong or right? You spent so many exams without caring about right. We can't figure most things out. Existence is all about pain, hurt, regret, resentment. Life, on the other hand, is about kiss, passion, adrenaline. People like Casey and Rosalie exist in a dimension where existence is parallel to breathing. The one we live in is about the heart rush we feel everytime someone looks at us, the deep waters we feel when they hug us, the fire in their eyes as they chase us, the soft warmth of the ground when they talk to us. For them, they are made of elements. For us, we are the elements. It is not about the story of the earth, water, wind, fire. It is rather the story of Theodore, Carlos, Rosalie, Nicki and every fucking variable put there," he said.

"I don't understand why I feel like an embarrassment for her," I said.

"If anything, she is blessed to have you. You are one heck of a man and do I have to mention that you are a sex machine?" he said moaning slightly. I playfully punched his shoulder.

"Get out. You ruined it," I said.

"Come on. The world was reborn in ruins. The supernova of the stars, the wrecked stars, made us. The big bang created the stars. And the darkness of ultra hot matter made the big bang. There is no series in way things occur. I can see it in your eyes. If anything, you are different from him. And don't come in for the next 15 minutes. He had a bruise on his hand, he is gonna have a cut on his lip," Carlos said.

"I can't understand you. Sometimes you are like my best friend, sometimes a grandpa and sometimes a teenager," I said.

"People have shades. The people themselves are variables. Some of us hide them, embarrassed. Some of us flaunt it," he said.

"If anything, you are a disgrace to your shades," I said.

"And you sir, are too dumb," he said.

I smiled.

"You prolly think that you are better now," he started singing.

I smiled as I hugged him.

"Thanks," I said.

"Anytime. I feel like am the perfect friend," he said.

"You are a great...," I paused for effect, "Narcissist."

"I learnt from the best," he said.

I punched him again as we separated.

"Are you gonna kiss me now?" he asked.

I pushed him out. He laughed as he walked away. He was right. I was not an embarrassment of any sorts. I sighed as I got back out and ran over to the classroom. They had already started reading from the guides as I walked in.

Rosalie got up and walked towards me. She looked at me as I smiled.

"You wanna talk?" she asked.

"Later. I am here for the group's study session. I won't waste your time. Let's get to it," I said.

She smiled as I kissed her forehead.

We got back to the table as she immersed herself in her books. Time went past as tee others got up to have lunch in the cafeteria.

"You guys should go. I'll get new books for us," she said as she collected the books.

"I'll help," Casey said.

"I think I can do it myself," she said.

"It'll be easier," he argued.

"It's alright. Theodore could help me," she said.

"No. I gotta eat. It's hamburger today," I said.

"See. He is okay with it. Enjoy," she said. Casey looked at her as he went away.

She started picking up the books.

"I am so sorry," she said as she looked at me.

"It's alright. I don't care about him," I said.

"He didn't mean to. He isn't this mean. He is just overprotective of me," she said.

"It doesn't matter. It's well in the past. Let it go," I said as I started singing the song from frozen.

She smiled as I completed the stanza. She came closer and put my hands around her waist. She had worn a shirt and a skirt.

She put her head against my collarbone and rested.

I pulled her closer.

Love, trust and passion make us do crazy things. Stretch us to our crazy limits. They make us see illusions of a life that it just a hallucination. Love is like a drug. When taken in prescribed amounts, it is right. When ignored, things go wrong. When overdosed, they could kill you. When it all goes wrong, the trust, love and passion rearrange themselves in a thorny mess. Our heart trusts our mind to hate the person we love with a passion that it past the extremes.