Episode 75

Song: What A Girl Is

(JJ's Pov)

I knew we had to bring The King down. I grabbed Gomamon and snuck quietly away from the others to The King's castle. 

I whispered to Gomamon, "Okay buddy, it's time for us to take this problem into our own hands." 

He looked up at me, and said, "Well, if that's what you want. I suppose you're the boss." 

I glared at the castle and carefully climbed over the wall. 

Gomamon said from my backpack, "Joe! Can't we go back yet?" 

I snapped at him, "Joe's my dad's name! My name is Joe Junior!" 

A Vilemon came towards us, and Gomamon whisper-shouted, "Marching fishes!" 

A school of fish burst out of a nearby hydro-cannon and hit the Vilemon off of the outer wall. I smiled at my little friend. 

He grinned back at me and said, "Okay, Joe! Shall we continue buddy?" 

I hate it when people call me Joe, but when Gomamon says it, I suppose it's okay. I shouldn't have snapped at him before. 

"Hey, Goma, buddy, I'm sorry that I-," I started to say. 

He cut me off suddenly, "Joe! Move, The King is right behind you!" 

I felt a staff connect with the back of my head. The world faded to black as I heard at least two voices scream, "NO!" 

The fall was longer than I had thought it would be. It occurred to me about half-way down the wall that this fall would almost definitely kill me. I felt the impact faintly, and I could practically hear the bones break. Nothing was actually registering at that time, but looking back I can remember those things. 

I can also remember the voice of an angel above me, "No! JJ, you're not allowed to leave me!"

(David's POV)

I couldn't breathe, JJ couldn't leave me. I wouldn't let him! I could feel the tears, but I let them fall. I could hardly see straight. I grabbed his shoulders and held him close to my chest. My heart felt like it was shattering into a million pieces all at once. The others crowded around, Vierra joined me by his side, she was crying as well. 

She put an arm around me and whispered, "Will Brother be okay? I don't know anything about medical things." 

Florella took a step towards us and put out a hand. A white light filled the air, and I could feel JJ's ribs mending back together, but he didn't wake up. His leg stayed bent at a weird angle and his breathing was ragged. 

Floral shook her head and said, "There's nothing I can do. I'm sorry." 

Her eyes had tears in them. How could she ever understand this?! At least TJ knows she loves him! I never got the chance to tell JJ! 

I kissed his forehead and said weakly, "I love you Joe-Joe. I don't want you to leave me, not now that I finally found you. I'm sorry I've always tried to deny my feelings. I didn't want people to know, so I buried my hate for myself down deep. I guess that made me get a little wrong in the head, made me mistake everyone else for my own problems. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that you're the best thing that's ever happened in my life. I will always love you, and I'll kill the person who did this to you!" 

I felt the emptiness in my chest grow, but also a fire of rage rising from my gut. 

I said to Vierra, "Keep Vivie here, stay together with your brother. Take care of him for me, okay pumpkin?" 

I set him down as she nodded to me. 

I stood and said to the others, "I'm going in there, and I'm going to personally kill The King. He will pay for what he has done. Who will come with me?" 

Floral stepped forward without a thought and said, "I'll stand with you. He's caused so much pain and suffering. He needs to be sent back to his first form so he may follow a different path to become what the gods created him to be." 

Julieta pulled Reeta forward a moment after Florella had moved forward, she said, "David, we will help you, if at any time you cannot finish the job, we will gladly stop this injustice ourselves." 

TJ stepped forward, "I would offer to stay with JJ, but my purpose is to protect Floral and Julie, so if they're going, I shall as well. I know how much this means to everyone." 

YJ and Kalie both moved forward and put a hand on my shoulder, YJ said, "Brother, I will stay here and offer my knowledge to help JJ. Kalie will go with you and lead you if need be. Rain death on evil for me?" 

I nodded and smiled at my loving sisters. 

Anthony said, "I'll stand with Kalie, and with you. I can't bear to lose anyone else." 

Winter and Tony stepped up, Winter proclaimed, "We will go with you." 

Cassy said quietly, "I-I'll stay here with YJ." 

Monah said fiercely, "Melodee and I will go with you and make sure the Vilemon won't get in your way." 

Melodee nodded and the group who agreed followed me. We marched through the front gate and butchered the Vilemon who stood in our way. We stormed into The King's chambers. I held out my digivice, stray tears still stinging my eyes. 

Wormmon nodded to me and yelled out, "Wormmon digivolve to Stingmon!" 

The King laughed and said, "Is this because I hit that little boy off of my wall? Did he mean something special to you?" 

He fueled my anger by pointing right at me. He remembers that I stood with JJ when he asked us to stand with our best friend or crush. Suddenly, I had an idea. Florella's eyes widened, then she smiled widely, and yelled, "Separate! Go to your families!" 

The King smiled and narrowed his eyes at Tony. He leaped forward throwing an attack at Tony's exposed back. I laughed, and The King's eyes swiveled toward before the sound of his attack chinging off of Monah's swords rang through the room. 

Silence fell, and The King screamed out, "No! He should have been alone! You! You're supposed to be with HER!" 

He pointed at Kalie who was standing with me. If I do say so myself, we won at the moment Monah stopped that blast. I and Kalie stood, just the two of us in a group. In the first other group was Floral and Julie, the second held Reeta, TJ, and Melodee, the third held Tony and Monah, the final held Winter and Anthony. Stingmon flew forward and landed a lethal Spiking Strike attack into The King's chest. All at once, I knew how Tony had felt after killing Gendermon.

Thank you all for reading, this got done rather quickly compared to some of my other uploads. *Shivers while thinking about the months between some of my updates* Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed. Don't forget to be yourself, even if you have disabilities, or if you feel like you don't get treated like everyone else. Sometimes it's better to be different, it makes you a whole lot interesting. Which technically makes everyone a whole lot more interesting because everyone's different and that is what makes you amazing. You are exactly who you're supposed to be. If no one else excepts you just remember that you can always talk to me about it. I love you all, take care of the digis, keep safe, bai my children~.

Word Count: 1278