Episode 80

Song: Am I Supposed To Apologize?

Sorry that the last episode didn't make any sense. I didn't really have a clear idea of what I was doing with that episode, and I was really distracted with school starting. This is just a quick apology, and hopefully, the next episodes make more sense to everyone.

(David's POV)

I asked Vivie quietly, "Hey, can I hold Salamon real quick?"

"Um," she said looking up, "Sure, I guess. Just don't drop her."

I muttered a quick thank you, and carefully held Salamon. I turned her over in my hands before I spotted a Virumon underneath her collar.

I carefully reached under her collar and grabbed the Virumon between my index finger and my thumb. I watched as it struggled to get away before it wilted and died. It disintegrated and the particles floated away. In my hands, Salamon began to stir.

"U-Uh," I said quietly, "I think I woke her up?"

Vivie looked at me in surprise, "What? She's waking up?"

Salamon blearily opened one of her eyes, before both opened wide in surprise. Salamon struggled and cried out slightly.

Julieta came over a whispered, "Salamon, quiet, they're going to realize you're awake!"

As Julieta spoke, she motioned for all of the other kids to come closer. I continued holding Salamon rather close to myself.

"What's going on? Why are all of you here? What about Floral? Florella," Salamon began talking quickly, "Where is my human? We're missing half of the entire group!"

I said soothingly, "Salamon, calm down. Everything is okay, you're in the resistance's base. We were brought here by Gabumon. Bad things are happening both here and in our world. Florella is leading the others in our world because their Digimon partners were under the control of the Digital Queen."

Salamon seemed to calm down slightly now that she at least partially understood. Vivie seemed to realize something and began to raise her hand slightly.

"Yes, Vivie," Winter asked politely.

"W-Well," she said nervously, "I saw a Palmon earlier today while getting Salamon here. She seemed to be not fully under the control of the Digital Queen. Although, she was a personal servant."

"Hm," Salamon hummed in my hands, "It may be the Digimon of Sincerity..."

"I have a question," Cassy spoke quietly.

Julieta asked, "Yes?"

Cassy whimpered lightly as every human in the circle looked at her. She seemed to shrink into herself, apparently deciding that it was too much for her. 

I put a hand on her shoulder and said, "It's alright, go ahead."

Cassy took a deep breath before asking, "Why don't the controlled Digimon pass into this area?"

Salamon smiled warmly and said, "Oh, well. That's because the Digital Queen can't control anything within this sector. There's a certain metal-like substance in the ground here that makes it impossible for the Virumon to transmit orders. So, instead, they just shut their host down."

"So," Kalie started, "We just need to get the Digital Queen here without her minions?"

"But that could endanger the Digimon here," TJ said worriedly.

Monah sneered, "So? They wanted to put Salamon in a cell! They only want us here to use us!"

Suddenly, a huge black square opened at the front of the cave. It drew every eye in the room. A face flickered onto the screen and stared down at us.