Episode 30

Song: Let Me Down Slowly

(Mãnye's POV)

Why won't my head stop screaming whenever Piedmon shows up? Gabumon warp digivolved to Metalgarurumon. They charged at Piedmon. A splitting headache swept through my brain as well as a memory of white cloth falling over someone. The being beneath disappeared and Piedmon appeared in the memory holding a keychain shaped exactly like that being. 

I looked up holding my head to see Izzy and Luna. I looked past them and saw a cloth just like the one in my memory fall on top of Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon. 

"Nooooo!", I screamed. 

I was too late to warn them. The cloth went flat and Piedmon had two key chains at his belt. To my horror, they looked like Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon. 

My 'helper' said, " "He'll get the mega's first then their partners, he'll go for Andromon next then he'll get Joe, Izzy, and Tentomon, he'll get Garudamon and Angewomon after that, he'll get Gomamon and Sora throwing Matt's doll to Tk." 

I yell "What about the rest of us?", this gains some weird looks from the other kids. 

The voice stayed silent. 

Kari's head shot up and she said, "Who's there?" 

I thought about what the voice had said and turned to say something to Tai and Matt, but to my dismay, they were both running towards Piedmon. I started crying before the cloth was even pulled out. The voice was right again. I grabbed Kari and Tk's hands and started pulling them behind me automatically knowing where I had to go. I heard the others follow and a tear slipped down my face when I heard the clank of Andromon in battle with Piedmon. 

I ran into the cave and let go of Tk and Kari's hands. I took a wild jump and an image of me flat on the cavern floor below me flashed through my mind. I grabbed onto a trapeze bar at the last moment. My momentum threw me all the way to the 4th bar as soon as I let go. Kari's Gatomon jumped onto the first bar. She took each person across until it was just Izzy, Joe, and Tentomon on that side. 

I closed my eyes and grabbed her as she swung back to jump to the bar. I threw her into Kari's arms. I jumped down next to them hearing a lot of muted arguments. I grabbed Tk and Kari's hands again pulling them forward. I pulled up a floorboard, I pushed everyone down. I jumped down pulling the board back to where it had been putting my hand up silencing them all. 

I saw through my 'helper's' eyes, Piedmon walked across the floor above their heads. She walked over to him and stared into his eyes glancing down long enough to make sure I saw how flimsy the keychains were secured. I was back in my own head, I turned to the others slowly and quietly and pointed up at the dust falling from above us. They were all silent and he walked past us. 

I gasped as I had a sudden headache. He thrust his swords through the floorboards at us. I got us out and thought about what she had said and turned to warn Gatomon and Biyomon not to digivolve but again I was too late. I ran and everyone followed while Angewoman and Garudamon held Piedmon of long enough to let us run a little way. Sora and Gomamon stopped and I just nodded. 

Those of us left hid behind a corner. Piedmon burst through the wall and Gomamon stole Matt's keychain and threw it to Sora, she threw it at Tk. As soon as he had it I started running again. I saw the cloth closing in towards us and did a flip over everyone and used my momentum to rip it.

 Another one was coming and I stood there until it hit me. I must say it hurt to become a keychain. And once I was I couldn't tell how long it had been.

Word Count: 679