Episode 38

Song: Smoke And Mirrors

Ice is up above. And I lost this entire episode once before this version.

(Ken's POV)

Something, no someone to fight for. Yolei, her name is so pretty. This pesky thing, this entity won't go away. I can't wait for tomorrow. I lay my head down on my own bed in my own mind, fully, for now. I fall asleep still thinking about everything Yolei.

(Tk's POV)

Kari is still the prettiest girl I know but, I still think she might like that Davis guy. I get in the elevator with Yolei, Cody, and a new girl. 

"Hi my name's Tk", I said to the new girl. 

She just looked up at me. 

After the elevator stopped she said, "I'm Ice." 

She started walking towards the school. I hurried after her but, stopped short as I saw Kari. I ran over to her and felt Ice's eyes on me. We walked to school discussing the digiworld in hushed tones. I realized that at some point one of us had grabbed the others hand. 

We walked into the school and split up to go to our lockers. Ice came up to me and asked, "Um, Where's the principle's office?" 

I pointed at the door two lockers away from me. I grabbed my stuff thinking about Kari. I walked into class and sat down next to Kari. 

The teacher said, "Today we have a new student. Please introduce yourself." 

Ice walked in and said, "I'm Ice." 

The teacher yawned and said, "Go sit next to the boy in the hat." 

I watched her sit down and said, "Hey Ice." 

"Hey Tk," she said. 

"How did you-," Kari started but, I interrupted her, "We live in the same building." 

She fell silent and Ice asked, "Who's that?", she was pointing at Davis. 

"That's Davis," then I whispered, "This angel next to me is Kari, Davis has a huge crush on her."

I felt my shoulders slump as I thought about it. Ice noticed and said, "Thank you for helping me today." 

I nodded and saw Davis looking over at our table as usual. The only difference was that he was looking at Ice. I glanced over at Kari and saw her looking at me. She realized and looked away. I watched all of them and I stopped on Kari. I saw a weird look in her eyes. 

Betrayal? 

No, that's the look in her eyes when Mãnye had her Monochromon attack us. 

Love? 

No, that's how Matt looked at Sora. 

Guilt? 

Yes, or rather partially. She looked like she had missed a big chance. 

To confess? 

I didn't know.

(Kari's POV)

Every time I looked at him he was either looking at me or at Ice. I couldn't see Davis past him. He looked straight at me and met my eyes, he seemed to read the feelings inside. The bell rang and I hurried to the computer lab. I was aware of the footsteps behind me but, I kept going. I walked into the computer lab to see no one else. 

I closed the door and heard it slide open again. I sat down and let the tears fall down my face when I looked up I saw the one person I didn't think I would see. It was Ice. 

She said, "He really likes you." 

I shook my head and said, "He was looking at you all class." 

She chuckled and said, "He was watching mine and Davis' conversation" I looked at her puzzled.

Word Count: 588