easter egg hunt

you and tom have been hiding eggs for the past ten minutes. your four-year-old daughter billie couldn't wait to go egg hunting. your teenage boy ollie didn't care to go egg hunting. his favorite cousin wasn't there and his best friend couldn't make it. therefore he was a little agitated and didn't bother to join in the egg hunt.

walking inside as you had just finished hiding your batch of eggs, you walked over to your son ollie smiling. "hey ollie, you ready to go egg hunting?" you asked and he shook his head. "nah, bri isn't coming over and my favorite cousins aren't here so," he shrugged crossing his arms, "don't feel like it." he said muttering. you frowned and kissed his head. "i'm sorry. maybe you and bri can meet up later today & have your own egg hunting." you suggest and he shrugs, "that's what we were thinking but she's not sure if she'll be able to. but we're still talking about it." he says, looking over at billie who has ran to him.

"bubba, come help me find eggs!" billie giggles, grabbing ollie's hand and ollie huffed. "i don't want to, dollar-bill." he said and you turned to ollie sighing. "hey, just this once. you were chosen to be asked." you say and billie continued to tug on his hand. ollie sighed and looked at billie. "fine." he says and got up, picking up billie and threw her over his shoulder making her burst into a fit of laughter. "ollie, put me down!" she laughed as ollie walked outside after tom said that it was alright for her and her little cousins to go outside.

ollie has dropped billie on the grass carefully and was able to help her out with eggs. they had split up and ollie and billie were able to move quickly around the small yard. ollie met with billie and had dropped the eggs in her basket. "that's a ton of eggs, ollie! thank you!" she said and hugged ollie as a thank you. "no problem dollar-bill." he smiled and kissed her head before hitting her head softly as she ran to go show their mom and dad. "thank you ollie for helping her. i didn't want tess spoiling all the surprises." tom said and ollie nodded. "no problem."

"someone's at the door for you." tom said and patted your shoulder. ollie rose a brow and walked inside to get the door. opening it, he was met with silly string and a basket of cascarones. "ready for our easter celebration?" bri asked and ollie smiles, pulling her into a hug. "dad, mom, we'll be at the park!" ollie says before joining bri.

you turned to your son and smiled as he closed the door, turning your attention back to billie who was playing with the little plush bunnies inside the eggs. kissing her head, tom joined his daughter on the floor playing with the little bunnies. "i love you billie darling." he said and billie smiled, getting up to rest herself in tom's lap. "happy easter daddy." she said as she occupied herself with the little bunnies. you smile and pick up tom's chin to kiss his lips.