In this Court Of Shadows and Stars, P.1

Part one:
A tattered brown dress and a golden crown.

Word count:
598 words

fluff

Starring:
Kallis Idraban Gilwraeth as the Warbreed Elf Prince

Aurora Jie Lin O'Malley as the Court of Stars Mage.

Archon Caerson as the Warbreed Elf King.

Lila James as the Court of Stars Princess.

King Alex James as the King of the Court of Stars.

Tyler Jones as a Illuminae member.

Fin De Karran De Seel as a Illuminae member.

Cat Brannock as a Illuminae member.

Zila Madran as a Illuminae member.

Scarlett Jones as a Illuminae member.

~~~

Fifteen years earlier...

She creeps into the golden archways of the Elven Palace, smothering her giggles, knowing that she snuck past the scary men in the black armour.

There are flowers and greenery everywhere, and it's almost like the little girl with the mismatched eyes own secret garden.

She knows that she doesn't want to get caught. The little girl doesn't want to end up like mummy and daddy, locked up in the dark dungeons.

She sneaks into the royal gardens, her favourite place in the palace.

There she can pretend to be a princess.

She twirls in her tattered and torn brown dress, her white and blue-black hair coming free of its long double-braids.

She laughs, free.

What she doesn't notice is the elven boy watching her, enthralled.

She sits down in the soft green grass, plucking flowers from bushes around her and putting them in her messy braids, which she has now done back up.

She gives up on that after a few minutes, and starts making a flower crown.

The Elven boy edges closer to her in the moonlight, staring at the ears that don't come to a point and the tattered dress.

You see, he had grown up with the finest clothes and surrounded by jewels and secrets.

Not this human girl with a tattered brown dress and a flower crown, who's only care in the world was making a chain of flowers for her hair.

She hears a far away shout, and snaps her head in its direction.

She gets up and runs, leaving a half finished flower crown in its place.

~~~

The Elven boy watched the girl when she came to the royal gardens almost every night.

How did she not get caught? He wonders.

On the fourth night of watching, the Elven boy approached the girl with Mismatched Eyes.

"Hello." He says, his voice gentle, and the girl stumbles back in fear.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you." He reaches out, and touches the girls grimy arms, whisper soft.

"P-promise?" She asks, her voice brimming with fear.

"Promise." He says, his voice filled with certainty.

He leads her back to the grass, and the girl continues to make her flower crown.

"What's your name?" He asks her.

"My name is Jie-Lin." She says.
"What's yours?"

He pauses, knowing that he shouldn't give her his real name.
"I'm no one."

She giggles. "That's a funny name!"

"Almost as funny as Jie-Lin."

She frowns at that.
"How old are you?"

"I'm eight. I'm going to turn nine in a  few months. What about you?" He says, and starts planting flowers together.

"Six!" She cries, throwing her head back.

"Do you want to be my friend?" She asks.

"Yes! I've never had a friend before."

"Same."

The bell tolls, and her eyes go wide.

"Goodbye, No one!" I will see you tomorrow!" She says, running off into the night, the only evidence that she was there was a single, purple petal.

And she never came back.