Ring AU

Soulmate AU where you are given a ring that shows your soulmates emotions.
Aaaand, if your soulmate dies, the ring turns black and turns to dust.
AND IT TURNS WHITE WHEN YOU MEET THEM AND TOUCH THEM and then fades back to the emotions.

~~~

Kalora:
Auri has a nervous habit of checking her ring, and it calms her to see the different emotions flashing through the rings.

~~~
"Oh..." She whispers, looking down at the white ring that matches Kal's.

"I do not wish to frighten you, Aurora."

The ring fades back to colours, and it flashing a deep, dark crimson.
Heartbreak.

She looks down to Kal's long-fingered hand, and the ring that shows her emotions.
It swirls in a mix of dark grey and light pink and lime green.
Fear and hope and shock.

"Can I...can I just think about this? Please?" I ask, and before he can answer I run off.
~~~

Finlett
Scar knows Fins her soulmate (she noticed it flash white) and Fin didn't.
Oh, my adorable Betraskan baby.

~~~
"I'm your soulmate, Fin."

"Um, no your not. Dontcha know that food is my only love?"

She reaches out and caresses his cheek, and both of their rings go white.

"...oh."
~~~

Catler
Cat has a nervous habit of twisting the ring when she's bored, and Ty kisses it for good luck.

~~~
They were five years old and she smashed a chair over his head and their rings flash white.

They were seven years old and he touched her long hair and their rings flash white.

They were ten years old and he hugs her and their rings flash white.

They were twelve years old and he touches her new, cut off hair and their rings flash white.

They were fifteen years old and he touches the new tattoo on her back and their rings flash white.

They were eighteen years old and as he kisses her their rings flash white.

They were nineteen years old and as the Ra'haam takes over his ring flashes black.
~~~

Zila and unknown.
~~~
I watch the colours swirl on my ring.
Yellow. Rose. Light pink.

Joy. Love. Hope.

The opposite of what I feel.
I
Just
Feel

e
m
p
t
y