17. The reason behind the breakup

Momo's POV 

That was close. 

Chaeyoung appeared out of nowhere so I am hiding behind the handrail in the balcony. They can't see me because this handrail is not see-through and it fully covers me. 

Thank you so much for designing the balcony like this. TT 

But I have to admit that I am really happy right now. I saw Chaeyoung. I finally saw our cub after more than 3 years. She looks the same. All that is changed is her hair. It's longer than before. Not gonna lie, long hair suits her. 

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't even realise I was already tearing up. Happy tears. I was wiping my tears when I heard a surprised Dahyun asking Chae a question. 

"Why the sudden hug?" Dahyun asked. 

Huh? 

"I can't hug you now?" 

"Of course, you can. You can hug me whenever you like."

"Ok then,"

What's happening? Why does it sound like Dahyun's surprised? 

I slightly raise my head so I can see what's actually happening and all I can see is Chaeyoung hugging Dahyun. I don't see any problem here. I keep listening to their conversations while squatting. 

Why was she surprised? 

"But seriously why the sudden hug? You only hug when it's a special occasion." 

Heh!!!! Chae only hugs in special occasions? That is so not Chae. She love hugs. 

"I thought a lot about it yesterday."

"Thought about what?"

What is this cub thinking about? 

"About moving on."

Moving on? From Mina? This means that Chae still loves her and there is a chance for these two. 

I couldn't help but smile when I found out Chae still loves Mina. Mina loves her too. She has been since the day they both met each other. She kept her love for Chae alive even though she found out that Chae died. All Mina has to do now is meet Chae and maybe, just maybe there might still be a chance of them being together again. But Chae is planning to move on. Why did she break up with Mina in the first place? They both loved each other. Mina said that Chae didn't even explain her as to why she wanted a break up. What is the reason behind the break up? 

I kept listening to what Chae was saying to Dahyun and it breaks my heart. She loves and cares about Mina so much that she doesn't even think about herself. She has a point when she said she was losing herself. The way Dahyun described Chae to me felt like she was describing a new person who I don't know of. The smile she wore earlier wasn't the same smile I used to see when she was with Mina and us 3 years ago. It's seemed like she was forcing it. 

Now I don't even know whether I should help her and Mina to be together. I surely want both of them to be together but if Chae is hurting because of Mina, wouldn't it be better if she just doesn't meet her? I feel like I'm acting like anti-cupid here. I told Dahyun about how we will bring Chae and Mina together but after hearing what Chae said I just can't. I don't want Chae to lose herself, her spark, her bubbly side. Even though I really want to meet her and give her a hug right now and perform a role of cupid in her love life. I feel like I can't do it because it's unfair for Chae. It's better if we just never meet each other.