29. The truth

Chaeyoung's POV 

So, Mina went on a date with Bambam. It happened. Momo and Sana eonnie seems really happy for her. 

"It's finally happening." Momo squealed. 

"How long has it been? 16 months? 17?" Sana eonnie questioned excitedly. 

"Maybe 16." 

"After 16 months of having a crush, she is finally going on a date with him." They both squealed happily. They've been there for Mina since the beginning so they probably know everything about her and her crush towards Bambam. 

Do they know about him though? 

I don't like Bambam. Sure he is handsome and an excellent football player but his personality is a big no. I wonder if girls are crazy about his face or him as a person. 

"Have you guys heard some rumours about him?" I asked. They turned towards me and shook their head as a no. How can they not? 

"Why? Are there any bad rumours about him?" Sana eonnie asked. 

"Uhh no-no. I was just curious. Those were probably fake anyways." I answered with a nervous chuckle. I'm only sure about one 'rumour', not the others. 

"Are you fine Chae? You seem down ever since we played that game yesterday," said Momo eonnie. She seems to be worried about it. 

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. Yesterday I was really tired and wanted to rest for a while that's why I left first." 

"And today?" 

"Today? Uhh I- I just didn't get enough rest." I lied. How can I tell them that I started to have feelings for Mina eonnie their best friend who likes someone else and they actually ship her with him and they're currently on a date together? 

"I'm gonna go out for a walk," said I. 

"Ok." They both said. 

I left our hotel and started walking alongside the beach. I don't know where I'm going right now. I'm just going where my feet is takin me. 

"Ouch." I accidentally bumped into someone. 

"Sorry, that was my fault. I wasn't looking," said I while rubbing my head. 

"It's ok. I'm sorry too. I was too busy looking at my phone that's why I didn't see you," said the girl and started laughing. 

I laughed with her because she was doing the same thing I was doing, rubbing our head. It hurts but yet we found it funny. 

"It's fine really. I should've been careful so I'm sorry too." 

"I forgive you." She said with a smile. 

"I'm Jeon Somi." The girl introduced and reached out for a handshake. I shaked her hand and introduced myself. 

"Son Chaeyoung" 

"Oh you're Korean too?" She asked. 

"Yes, I am. I came here on a trip with my friends." 

"Oh, same. I came with my friends too but they're doing their own thing and I got bored so I went out for a walk." 

"Let's say it's similar for me?" I smiled. 

"How about a coffee then? If you're not busy right now." She asked. I'm free and I guess I can use some company. 

"Sure."