67. I'm just scared

Jungkook's POV 

"Maybe, I do..."

How am I supposed to deliver this message to Mina? 

"I'm just kidding." She laughed. She freaking laughed. 

I nearly had a heart attack and she is laughing? 

"Do you think it's funny? I nearly had a heart attack just now." She laughed to her heart's content. 

"I'm sorry but it's funny to see your reaction." She continued laughing. 

"But why did you nearly have a heart attack?" She asked as she started to calm down. 

What do I say? 

"I-I was happy for you that's why. You wouldn't be alone anymore and maybe we could go on a double date too." I said while stuttering. 

Hope it didn't sound suspicious. 

I didn't get any reply so I turned looking at Chae. She is lost in herself again. This is the time I feel pity for her. She's lost in her own world while wearing a sad face with a small smile on her lips. Anyone would feel pity by seeing someone in this state. 

"Chae?" I called in a low tone. 

"Huh?! Yes, Oppa?" She asked. 

"You were zoning out," I said. 

"Oh, I was thinking about what you just said." She said with a small smile. The same sad and pitiful smile. I looked at her face. She is trying her best to look happy but anyone can read her expression. Her eyes are sparkling with the tears she is holding in. Her lips form a small curve but it's not a happy one. 

She still loves her. 

"You know." She spoke. I gave my full attention and listened to what she had to say. 

"When you asked me if I liked Yeri, I actually started thinking about Yeri and me in a relationship." She trailed off wearing a small smile. It was quiet for about five seconds then she spoke again. 

"I couldn't see it." She said and turned towards me with her sparkling teary eyes. She chuckled and said. 

"I will always love her. There's no way I could fall for someone else at least not in this short span of time. It will take me years if not forever to move on from her and by the time I do. I'll be an old lady walking around with the help of a walking stick." She smiled. 

"Why don't you go to her if you love her so much?" I asked. 

"Oppa you know I can't be with her. Mom and Dad won't support me in this matter. I already tried running away and just when I found her, I had to leave her." She trailed off thinking about whatever it is that's on her mind. 

"To be honest, I would run away again." She said making me confused. 

"I would run away from this place no matter how many times they bring me back. I would run away just to see her." 

"Then why don't you do it?" She stayed quiet for a while maybe she was trying to hold in her tears because the moment she spoke her tears fell. 

"I'm scared she might loathe me for what I did."

But she loves you. 

"I'm scared that if I go to her she will turn a blind eye on me." 

But she is dying to see you. 

"I'm scared that... she is happy with someone else."