11. She's Dead

"Chaeng?" I thought to myself as it gave me chills. 

I'm sure that voice belongs to Chaeyoungie. 

I couldn't move. I was standing still like a statue. I wanted to see whether it was actually Chaeng or not. My mind kept telling me it's not her but my heart was speaking the opposite. I stayed like that listening to the arguments about chocolates between the girl who sounds like Chaeng and the other one I really don't know about her. 

"Cause that's your habit," 

"Oh, there please let's get some. Please, please, Chae." 

My eyes widened when the girl called the latter by her name. 

"Chae?" I questioned. 

My heart started to beat fast. It's not beating normally. At this rate, it'll soon jump out of my chest. 

After a few minutes, the bickering stopped. I saw a tall girl leaving the store angrily. I guess she's the one who was asking for the chocolate. 

All I hear is a chuckle then silence. I tried to see the face of this girl through the aisle but I can't. Her back is facing me. 

I couldn't stop but compare this girl with Chaeng. 

Her height is similar to Chaeyoung. 

She walks like her.

And she sounds exactly like her too. 

This girl has longer hair than Chaeng but when Chaeng used to have long hair she looked like her from the back. So does this mean...

"She's Chaeng?" I questioned myself with my palm covering my mouth. 

I got lost in my thoughts so when I checked back at that girl she wasn't there anymore. 

I started to get worried. I wanted to find her. I wanted to see her face. I wanted to check whether she's really Chaeyoung or not. 

I went to the aisle she was in thinking maybe she left from the other end but she wasn't there. I looked all over the store but she was in neither of the aisles. Then I hear... 

"Yes please,"

That's the voice. 

I turned around to find her at the till grabbing the items she bought and is ready to leave. 

I saw her side profile and...

She's Chaeyoung. She is indeed my Chaeyoungie. 

I wanted to call her but my voice betrayed me. I couldn't speak. I couldn't utter a single word. I hated myself for not being able to speak. 

I moved my mouth as if I'm saying Chaeyoung but no sound. 

Why can't I speak? 

She was about to leave. 

"Mina call her, say something." That's all I had in my mind at that moment. 

She's at the exit when she suddenly stopped. I was still there standing and staring at her. She slowly turned around and our eyes met for the first time in God knows how many years. 

It felt like I was in a movie. We were the protagonist who finally met each other after many years of separation. I was in awe. She looked so pretty even after all these years. I don't know why maybe because I missed her a lot? 

She looked me in the eye. I can't read her but I know one thing for sure. Those eyes definitely belong to Chaeyoung. 

I was about to speak when she suddenly left the store after a...