78. It always comes back to you

Momo's POV 

It's late at night. Actually morning. It's 4 am. I'm feeling thirsty so I came out to get a glass of water. It's dark but I didn't bother turning on the light. I have my phone's flashlight to help me see the path to the kitchen. I dragged myself there and drank the glass of water after filing it. I turned around while drinking the water and my flashlight happened to shine on a person sitting on the couch. I choked on the water and started coughing. 

"Mina?" I spoke still coughing. 

She didn't answer me. She had an emotionless expression and it seems like she cried a lot as the tear stains are visible on her cheeks. I've been coughing a lot but she didn't take any notice. Even the flashlight didn't affect her. 

She must be bothered by something.  

I walked towards her after the cough went away. She didn't even realise I was there until I placed my hand on her shoulder and called her. 

"Mina?" 

She jolted on her seat and turned towards me. 

"Momo?" She said questionably like she didn't even realise I've been here for a while. 

"What happened? Why are you here at this time?" I asked her worriedly. 

She didn't even say anything and started crying. She hugged me and cried in my shoulders. I was a bit confused as to why she was acting like this. I patted her back to calm her down. 

"Is everything fine? I thought you were going to stay with Chaeyoung for a while to take care of her-" I got cut off. She released the hug. She was sniffing as she brought her knees closer to her and hugged it. 

"She woke up." She said looking elsewhere. It was almost hard to understand what she had said due to her sniffs and sobs. 

"Who- Do you mean Chaeyoung? She woke up?" I was surprised. We knew she would wake up soon but didn't know it would this soon. 

Mina nodded her head and placed her chin on her knees. I figured they had a talk about their relationship and judging by the look of Mina. I don't think it went well. 

"You talked with her?" I asked. She nodded. 

She had already stopped crying by now but she was sniffing due to her sobs. 

"And it didn't go well?" I asked looking down and positioned myself like her. 

"She didn't even say 'I love you' for the last time." She said and looked at me. 

"I already know everything. I told her that I knew everything." Her tears were back and were on the verge of falling. 

"She could've at least said it for the last time but... she chose not to." Her tears fell down and she went back to the last position. Chin on her knees and constantly stare into the abyss. 

I've already seen this sight before. This would be the 3rd time already. 

"She said we can't be together." She paused and added... 

"She is a hypocrite." 

*Later in the morning* 

"When did Mina come back?" Sana asked. 

"I don't know. She was already here at 4." I said. 

We were in the living room. I was scrolling my Instagram feed while Sana was asking me questions about Mina. Mina is sleeping in her room. She finally slept around 5-ish. She must've been tired.