44. I saw you today

Mina's POV 

This can't be happening. Right? 

I make eye contact with the girl who is standing 15 meters away from me. It feels like I'm in a dream but it's too real for it to be one.
What if this isn't a dream?
I want to wake up but I don't at the same time. I'm getting a chance to see her for a brief moment and I don't want to ruin it. I want to keep staring at her for as long as I can. I want to make the most of this moment because who knows when this will end. 

I'm sure it has been more than 10 seconds but she is not disappearing. Usually, she would come into my mind for a few seconds and leave with a heartwarming smile. But now... she is neither leaving nor wearing that smile. 

I have no idea how long it has been but my tears can't stop rolling down my cheeks.
Why isn't it stopping? 

"Mina!!" I heard a familiar voice call me. It was Jimin. I thought he had classes. Why is he here? 

"Why are you crying?" He asked with furrowed brows.  

I didn't feel like answering his questions instead I wanted to look at the place where she was standing just now. 

She's probably gone by now. 

I looked over and saw her standing idly in the same spot. The only difference is that she has tears rolling down her cheeks right now. 

Why is she crying? 

Whenever she showed up in my dreams, she always smiled at me.

Not long after, I heard a name that filled the air.
"Chaeyoung!!"
The name was beautiful.
Why wouldn't it be?
It belonged to the most gorgeous girl in the world. 

But the reaction I had after I heard this name wasn't the same reaction I used to give 4 years ago. I was shocked, astonished, stunned, surprised, everything a person would react after hearing the name of the person they loved so dearly but isn't hear anymore. 
I'm not sure if she heard it or not but she didn't react to it. 

The girl ran to her and wrapped her in her embrace. For some reason, I'm not mad about what I'm seeing right now. Instead, I feel broken-hearted. 

"I was waiting for you." She said loud enough for me to hear. 

"Let's go." She said and dragged her away. 

She dragged her away from that place, away from my sight, away from... me. 

It felt like a part of my heart was leaving me and it was. She was indeed leaving me.

After the two left, I fell on my knees. My leg felt weak. It wasn't strong enough to support my body weight. I sat down on the cold ground trying to sink in what I just encountered. 

As soon as I fell down, Momo, Sana, and Jimin rushed to me and said some things to me.  
"Mina!! Mina!!" Someone called. 
"Mina are you ok?" One of them asked. 
"Let's get her away from here first," said someone. They all sounded very worried but my focus wasn't on them. 

I felt my body lift and soon I was walking with no sense of direction. It was my friends who were leading me but I don't know where to. 

She's alive? All this time, she was alive? 

I have so many questions in my head right now that I wanna ask or just scream it out to the world. I want to know what's happening. I want to who that girl was. And most importantly, I want to know if... if... Chaeyoung is alive. 

Momo's POV 

Everything happened in a flash. It was too quick to avoid it. Mina saw her. She saw Chaeyoung and the same goes for the latter. They both saw each other.