75. Time Goes On

Mina's POV 

It's been 3 hours since the operation started. We have no updates on her situation till now. I told our friends about Chaeyoung's situation. They were really worried and said they're on their way to the hospital. We don't have any lesson tomorrow so it should be fine. 

Mr Son is currently on his phone. He is really worried about Chaeyoung. He told me everything he had been doing for her till now. He told me how Chaeyoung's mother hired people to make her life harder. 

Every chance she could get to ruin Chaeyoung's independent life, she would do it so that Chaeyoung would come back to them thinking she won't be able to live without the wealth they had. But her father stopped those people by paying them double the amount his wife paid them. Whenever she gave them a task, they went to Mr Son because he would pay them double to leave Chaeyoung alone. This went on for a while until Mrs Son stopped because nothing was working. The people she hired always reported that the work is done and her daughter is probably miserable but the truth is nothing had happened. Those plans of her never took place.

He liked that Chaeyoung was living independently and doing fine. If she needed help then he would help her but seeing her live happily made him feel at ease. He got the feeling that every parent wants to feel. The feeling that their children will be fine if they weren't around them anymore. Chaeyoung was happy and supporting herself for 4 years. Although she received some help with the housing and money because of her grandmother. However, she didn't completely rely on it. She did some work to earn extra money and even made friends. She seemed happy to him and that was all he wanted. 

I asked Mr Son why didn't he just divorce her. It was a hard question. I didn't want to ask it because I didn't want to make him angry. Instead, he just smiled and answered. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Flashback* 

"If I left her, she would be lonely. I'm sure she misses Chaeyoung too. She wants her to come back which is why she did all those things. She is afraid that if Chaeyoung gets her way, she will leave us and start a life without us. She actually cried a lot when Chaeyoung left our house and started living by herself. Even yesterday, Chaeyoung and her mom had an argument. Chaeyoung told us that she still loves you and will always love you no matter what." 

That made me nervous since it was Chaeyoung's father who was saying it. 

I can't believe she did something like that. 

"She thinks that you or any girl is a bad influence on Chaeyoung. She cried and said you will take Chaeyoung away from us and make her forget about us. I should stop her from watching dramas and listening to those ladies in our society. They are a bad influence on her."  

He said and chuckled making me do the same. 

"She needs to realise that the things she is doing right now will be the cause of Chaeyoung drifting away from us. I have to be the one to steer her to the right path because I know she also wants what is good for Chaeyoung. She is just doing it the wrong way. I'll have to stay by her side and guide her. Till now I was stopping her from troubling Chaeyoung. That was all I could apart from telling her that it is fine if Chaeyoung starts to date a girl which didn't work. Now that you are here I will need your help to persuade her mom. I know she will accept you two. She just needs to listen and give you guys a chance." 

Mr Son is really understanding and accepting. I just want to know why he is so supportive of us. 

"Mr Son?" 

"You don't have to call me that. You can call me Appa." He said and smiled. 

"Umm, Appa?" He nodded waiting for my question.