Cupcakes

*Beyonce's P.O.V.*

It had been almost three weeks since I've seen Onika. I was back in Cali and hung up at home. Lauren followed me back and was doing what Onika did for me minus the love and the sex. Onika and I weren't speaking on the phone, only texting and even then she'd be short with me. I threw myself into work and have been very productive but I missed Baby girl something crazy. I just wanted to lie up next to her every night. Rihanna had been gone since I came back for NYC so I was truly alone. The only outside activity I got was from going to see Diamonte' at the club but she was showing and was now off the stage and just serving drinks. Quavo had made a song so I know she had a little bit more money coming in but I still felt bad. My Mom and Mama Carol were both on me about using this time as reflection but I wanted to do it with Onika. I was regretting not going marriage counseling and promised Onika we'd go as soon as she came back. It was a cool day but I had been in the pool on and off with Solange. I was in the house getting a snack when Lauren came in. She was carrying a box and sat it on the table.

"Hey Bey, don't forget to get dressed for dinner tonight. I picked out an outfit this morning for you."

"Whatever." I drone. I walk past Lauren and go back outside. I tell Solange about getting ready and that I'd see her at dinner.

In an effort to break me of my little depression we were getting together to have dinner at some rooftop place. I really didn't care since I hadn't heard from Onika in almost two days. I took a long shower and washed my hair before drying it and putting on the outfit Lauren left out for me. Lana came in and cleaned up as I got ready.

"Lana, thank you for everything."

"You're welcome Ms. K. I know you've been feeling down lately, it'll be okay."

"I hope, I just want Nicki home."

"I understand. I feel like it will be soon Ms. K. I just hope you are ready. You've been doing great with self reflection but you have to be aware that you have to care about Onika and match her energy, sex isn't love."

"I know. I get that now."

"Good, now you have fun at dinner. Eat and have a drink and be merry!"

Lana and I laughed and I finished up and did a little makeup before leaving.

I went downstairs where Julius was waiting and got into the car

I went downstairs where Julius was waiting and got into the car. We drove downtown and got out. Lauren met me at the corner and we walked into the barely busy restaurant. She took me to a side room and left out. I rolled my eyes as I felt someone wrap their arms around me from the back. I looked down and placed my hands on theirs before turning.

*Nicki's P.O.V.*