House Hunting & House Guest

*Onika's P.O.V*

I woke up feeling better but was still tired. I was going to sleep in but I head Mama Tina's voice downstairs and smelled her cooking which prompted me to get up. I freshened up and changed into a gray t-shirt that hugged my baby bump, navy leggings, and my Gucci slides. I brushed my hair into a low ponytail and grabbed a gray duster cardigan. I walked down to the kitchen to see Mama Tina putting breakfast on the table. We hugged and she made me sit and made me a plate. We all ate and Beyonce kissed me before leaving with Solange to do some errand. Mama Tina and I left to my surprise and she drove me to the Mall. At the Mall, we met up with my Mom.

"What's going on?" I ask looking at the two of them.

"Nothing, we just wanted to get the ball rolling on preparing for this baby. You only got a few more months to get ready. So, we are going shopping  for my granddaughter." Mama Tina said rubbing my belly.

I smiled and roll my eyes and walk with them in the Mall. In the Mall, we started to walk around in a maternity/baby store.

"So Nicki, Have you picked out a few names for the baby?"

"No, Mama Tina. I haven't even thought that far yet."

"What's going on Onika?" My Mom asked stopping her rack rummaging.

"Nothing, It's just something that Bey and I talked about. It was good to let it out but I'm nervous about how we could lie to each other and be so comfortable with it." I say mindlessly stroking my baby bump with my fingers.

"Well if you thought withholding the truth would be better than hurting the person I could see why you would say that. What was it about?" Mama Tina asked.

"It's a long story, maybe over lunch we can talk about it."

"Okay, well let's get shopping, so we both need a crib at our houses." My Mom said with a grin.

I nod. We started to look at the cribs and the sales associate came over and started to help us. I saw a cute one and took a picture and sent it to Bey. We finished shopping and stopped for lunch. At lunch, I told Mommy and Mama Tina about what happened and Mommy wasn't as shocked but Mama Tina was livid. Luckily Mommy was able to calm her down. We were getting dessert when Diamonte walked in and went to the to-go service. She had on sweats and big shades. She saw us and walked over.

"Hey Miss Tina! Carol and Nicki."

"Hi Diamonte, You look better." Mama Tina said looking her over.

"Yes, Thank you for giving me a place to stay. Quavo has been threatening me like crazy and it just ended with him hitting me." Diamonte said brushing away a tear I didn't see fall.

"You're welcome, you could be carrying my grandchild plus it's the good Christian thing to do." Mama Tina said with a small smile. "Lauren has sent for your things and will give you my address."

"Thank Miss Tina. I'll see you later."

Diamonte left and I looked down. Something felt off but probably just my feelings about the situation. My Mom grabbed my hand that was on table and spoke.

"It's okay Onika. Don't let that stress you out."

I nod.

"Now, are you going to change your name? Maraj-Knowles? Just Knowles?"

"I don't know. I haven't decided but maybe." I reply standing.

We all got up and left the table with a nice tip. We left the Mall and went to a few more stores before going back to my house. At the house, they started talking and making dinner and I went upstairs and went to bed.