» 12 «

To my surprise, the light on Wren's bedside table was still on, her nose buried deep in a thick book. "Sneaking around, are we?" She said after her gaze lifted from the pages and landed on me.

She didn't sound amused or sarcastic, but rather serious instead. What's gotten into her?

"It just got late. We finished my essay," I explained with a shrug while I started to change into my Pyjamas.

She scoffed, obviously not believing what I was telling her. "Sure."

"What's your problem, Wren?" I spat, confused by her reaction. "Since when do you care about breaking curfew?" One of my eyebrows was raised suggestively.

"I don't," She replied quickly, "I just didn't expect you to enjoy your time with Malfoy that much."

My head snapped into her direction. "What's that supposed to mean?" I said, glaring at her from my bed next to hers.

She didn't reply and just stuck her nose into the book she was reading before. "Whatever," was all I could hear after a while and I just rolled my eyes before pulling the sheets over my head.

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*

The next morning I decided to get up early; not in the mood to argue with Wren, have Parkinson stare at me from across the room or run into Malfoy in the common room.

I just wanted to have one calm day where I wasn't required to do anything, talk to anyone or fight them.

I snuck out of my dorm, tiptoeing across the room and silently closing the door behind me. I quickly fled the empty common room and paced down the corridors until I finally got out of the castle.

It was rather warm for a September morning and I enjoyed the feeling of the warm rays on my skin. I ended up sitting under a big oak tree by the lake, finding it to be one of my favourite spots since I've come to Hogwarts.

Durmstrang was the complete opposite of this place. And while I absolutely adored it here, I missed it.

I missed Vik, Alexei, Oleg; just all of them, with their thick accents and everything. Even the people I didn't spend time with at all during my two years there. It was home, after all. I was homesick.

A single tear rolled down my cheek at the realisation that I'm not going to see any of them for a very, very long time. Possibly years. I sighed, wiping the tear off my cheek.

"Holy cricket, what's gotten into you, Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

"Hermione," I said with a faint smile on my lips as I turned toward the brunette, who took a seat next to me. "Are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

"I'm fine, just homesick," I confessed and she gave me a knowing smile.

"I know what that's like," She began, "But Hogwarts is home. Or at least it will be.." She trailed off, stuck in her own thoughts for a few seconds. "Especially for you! Your brother is here, and now that you found out who your godfather is, you should feel more at home than ever, no?" She said, her smile turning into one of excitement.

Hold on, what was that about godfather?

"I mean, he's nobody's first choice, really," She continued, oblivious to my unknowing. "I'm sorry, Hermione, what are you talking about?" I said, stopping her from rambling about things I had no idea about in the first place.

She couldn't have mistaken me for somebody else, but she must have. I had no family apart from Harry, nothing even close to one. And she obviously knew that, being my brothers best friend.

I gave her a bewildered look, trying hard to wrap my head around what she was talking about but I remained unsuccessful.

I'd know if I had a godfather. I would 100% know.

Hermione's eyes got wide and she threw her hands in front of her mouth. "No way," she mumbled in shock when she realised I had no idea what she was talking about. "Harry didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I asked, calmly. I knew if I would get mad now, she wouldn't tell me a thing. Too afraid of how Harry might react if she told me what he was obviously trying to hide from me.

"I'm sorry Y/n, it's really not my place but I can't believe Harry didn't tell you... I mean you two are all you have left. You deserve to know just a much as he does.." She rambled, shaking her head in disbelieve.

"Hermione," my voice was stern but calm as I reminded her I still didn't know what she was talking about.

"Oh right," She said with an awkward laugh. "Sirius Black is yours and Harry's godfather." She said, so quick I almost didn't understand it.

It took me a few seconds to wrap my head around what she just said to me. And all I could do was laugh.

There was no way she was telling me the truth. There was absolutely no way Harry would keep this from me, was there?

Have those two years separated us so much he felt like he shouldn't tell me when he found the closest thing to a family we ever had? Even if it was Sirius Black.

By now Hermione's hand was resting on my shoulder, a sorry look on her face. "I really think you should speak to Harry," She suggested and I nodded.

"I think that would be best."