» 73 «

The Weasley twins were truly gifts sent from Merlin himself.

With everything going on, the OWLs were the last thing on my mind, and needless to say, nothing could've come in handier than blowing up the whole exam hall. Literally.

And I'm sure my excitement would've held on for much longer if Harry wouldn't have seen Sirius with Voldemort in the Department of Mysteries.

Now, while using the only chimney that wasn't under surveillance was a brilliant idea, as soon as Umbridge walked in on us crouching before her fireplace, it turned into the opposite.

And now her stupid inquisitorial squad had each and every one of us grabbed by our robes, their wands out. However, Draco was nowhere to be seen.

"The Crutiatus curse ought to loosen your tongue," She whispered, making my breath hitch and throw a panicked look at Harry.

"That's illegal!" Hermione pointed out, seemingly just as nervous as I was.

"What Cornelius won't know, won't hurt him," Umbridge said, mostly to persuade herself rather than letting us know. She cautiously turned the picture of him on its front before turning around and getting into position.

My breath hitched as I watched Harry strapped to the chair, completely helpless. It made me remember that night on the cemetery, and I felt just as useless now as I felt back then.

But before I could get completely lost in my memories, and before anything happened to Harry, Hermione did manage to do something. I admired her for it.

"Tell her, Harry!" She yelled. And while I didn't know what they were talking about, I'd rather Harry tell her everything he knew than see him get hurt.

Umbridge stopped in her tracks, her wand only inches from Harry's face. "Tell me what?!" She asked, demanding an answer on the spot as her wand kept lingering in front of his face.

There were a few seconds of silence, Hermione waiting for Harry to say something, but he was just looking at her; not quite sure what she was referring to.

"Well if you won't tell her, I will," Hermione said, her voice shaky as her eyes were fixated on the wand in Umbridge's hand.

"Tell me where what is?"

Hermione took a deep breath, her eyes flickering back and forth between Harry and Ron, before looking straight at Umbridge. "Dumbledore's secret weapon," She said, the tears formed in her eyes threatening to spill.

Not many more words were exchanged between the three of them before Harry and Hermione were leading Umbridge out of her office, the woman holding them at wand-point as they left.

There was an uncomfortable silence hanging over the room, nobody saying a word to each other. The only sound escaping every now and then was the ruffling of clothes whenever one of the DA members tried to free themselves from the Inquisitorial clutches.

I sighed heavily, trying to think of a way out of here when Ron broke the silence. "I'm hungry," He said, and I furrowed my brows at the extremely inappropriate timing.

"Read the room," I hissed, so quietly he probably didn't even hear me from across the room as he went on.

"Do you mind just handing me the sweets in my pocket? I could really do with some."

Goyle jerked him around by his sweater before laughing out loud at his request.

"All you think about is food, isn't it, Weasley?" He snickered, and Crabbe joined in with loud laughter.

On the contrary of what I expected, Ron had a smug smirk on his face as the boy grabbed the sweets out of his pocket and handed them out to the rest of the squad.