» 74 «

Admittedly, our exit out of the Hall of Prophecy wasn't exactly graceful. Leaving half, if not all of it, in shambles on our way out.

And just as I thought we made it, five minutes later we were surrounded by death eaters again, every single one holding us by our throat with their wands to our head or throat.

"Did you actually believe, were you truly naive enough, to think that children stood a chance against us?" Malfoy chuckled darkly, emerging from the shadows and walking towards Harry in the centre of the room. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter."

He extended his hand towards my brother expectantly, waiting for him to place the prophecy in his hand. "Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die."

Harry's gaze flew across the room, looking at us and weighing out his options; fear and terror glimmering in his eyes. They lingered on me, and I shook my head as subtly as I could; it immediately resulted in the grip I was in tightening. But at least he got the message.

"Don't do it, Harry!" Neville shouted, and I really hoped, now that he heard from Neville and me, he would listen.

"And just to make this decision a little bit easier for you, Potter, we'll start with your sister right here," Malfoy spoke, diverting his eyes off of me and falling onto the man holding me.

He gestured for him to bring me over, and he did so without a second of hesitation. He pushed me the last few steps, and before I could regain my balance, Malfoy's wand was pointed straight at my forehead.

I could hear Harry's breath from here, the way it hitched when he mentioned me and the way it was so irregular now that he had me at wand-point. And I knew he was contemplating to give in.

And then he did, slowly extending his hand towards him and placing the orb in it. I hissed loudly, trying to reach for my wand in my back pocket.

"Don't. Even. Try," Malfoy spoke slowly, though his eyes were on the prophecy rather than on me. He was admiring it in his hand, a proud smirk on his lips before a bright flash of light distracted him.

He turned around slowly, lowering the prophecy while my eyes fell behind him, growing wider.

"Get away from my Godchildren," Sirius said, before taking a swing at him and hitting the platinum-blond man right in the jaw. He fell backwards immediately, and Sirius grabbed both Harry and me at the same time to take cover.

And then more bright lights appeared, and I saw the prophecy fall out of Malfoy's hands and smash right there on the stone floor, but everything was happening too fast to triumph about it.

The scene quickly transformed into a battlefield, nonverbal spells flying left and right. The order of the Phoenix fighting the rest of the Death eaters still present.

"Now listen to me," Sirius spoke quickly, his eyes flashing to his left and right every other second to make sure nobody was coming. "I want you to take the others and get out of here."

Harry immediately protested. And I knew there was no way my Gryffindor-brother would leave this place and let the rest of the Order fend for themselves. Honestly, I really didn't feel like doing that, either.

"You've both done beautifully," Sirius hushed, either hand on my right and Harry's left shoulder. "Now let me take it from here."

Before we had time to contemplate his request, and most likely refuse to leave afterwards, I could make Malfoy out closely behind Sirius, approaching while getting his wand from his walking-stick.

I diverted my attention off of Sirius' pleading eyes completely and pointed my wand right behind him before firing a spell Malfoy's way. He blocked it, but at least it gave Harry and Sirius enough time to realise he was there.