The Chalk Prince (flashback chap)

✧・゚:* (y/n) pov *:・゚✧

Looking right
'Snow'

Looking left
'Snow'

Looking up
'Snow'

Looking down
'Ground..... oh, and snow.'

Lowering the book in my hand, I gazed at the scenery around me in wonder.

Mountains, upon mountains of snow.

Everything was covered with it. From the grass, to the trees. The rocks, the plants, and even the wandering hilichurls i could see in the distance.

Just... Snow.

I had left Liyue in order to reach Mondstadt swiftly, but surprise surprise, what happened instead?

I ended up in a completely different location.

'What was the one thing I promised myself not to do. Read and walk. What do I do? Read and walk. How am I scolding myself in my head? '

A shiver ran down my spine from the sheer cold. I had to reach some sort of heat source quick before I get frost bite.

Looking around, I remebered the hilichurls I had seen in the distance, and quickly looked back at them to see them still there.

Beside them, a few sources of fire were present.

'Perfect'

Stumbling over to them, I ran quickly and slid beside a sitting hilichurl who rested near a campfire.

Extending my hands towards the fire, I began to warm them by rubbing my palms together and getting close.

The others noticed my presence immedietly.

The biggest one, a mitachurl, stood up and reached for his weapon.

Uh uh, not this, not right now.

"HEY!"

Hearing my yell, they all stopped what they were doing and looked at me curiously.

"No."

One of my extended hands pointed to the group, and lifted a finger as a sign to stop.

I then pointed to the fire and then to the weapon, signalling that if we fought, the fire would be put out.

They understood what i was trying to say and stopped their movements to reach the weapons.

At this, I smiled to them and sat down. The hilichurl beside me hadn't moved at all.

He was still sitting, hands supporting him from behind as his extended legs moved side to side.

'What a vibe.'

The rest of the group somehow calmed down enough to sit by the fire with me and the hilichurl beside me.

Apparently it was lunch time for them, and they brought out bowls of soup, handing them out amongst their peers.

One of them came towards me, and gave me a serving.

"Oh word?" I graciously accepted the food and pointed to myself. "You sure you want to give this to me?"

Seemingly understanding what i was trying to convey, he nodded and went to sit by his buddys.

"Thank you."

I began to eat the food that was given to me as the hilichurls around me talked in their language.

'Damn, this is actually good. What is this? I can taste radishes, tomatos, mushrooms, and...Mint? Oooo, Maybe I'll try recreating this...'