69 cents. you know what that means

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

"WHY CANT YOU LEARN HOW MORA WORKS!?"

The scream echoed through the walls of the alleyway we were situated in, projecting it for all to hear.

"it's very... difficult."

Assisting Zhongli in the preparations for Morax's memorial service wasn't easy at all.

No, it's not that it was difficult to find all the necessary materials, it was the fact that this man did not know how money works.

It got to the point where I had to sit him down near an alley and show him coins and price averages.

"Noctilucous Jade costs 1000 Mora each. Right!?"

Zhongli nodded thoughtfully. He was sitting down with his knees to his chest, listening to the small lecture.

"Now if you buy all of them, which is 3, how much will that all cost?"

Thinking for a second he raised his pointer finger out in excitement.

"76,922."

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FU-"

Placing a hand on my shoulder, Aether, who was keeping watch in case anyone tried to stumble into the private lesson, gave me a reassuring look.

"Mr.Zhongli." Aether voiced out softly, "What is 1000 times 3?"

Without wasting a beat, he replied "3000."

"Ok, now what is the cost of 3 Noctilucous Jade?"

"29,548."

I threw the coins in my hand upwards in exasperation. They all landed with a clink against the ground below.

Mr.Zhongli began to pick them all up hastily.

I was way too tired for all of this and was even tempted to grab Paimon and throw her at him, but instead, I walked away while rubbing my temples.

The one who noticed me walking away, which so happened to be Paimon, reached me in no time.

"Ah- maybe we should just take over the money instead of trying to teach him. It'd be much safer that way."

I had already come to that conclusion in my head once I saw how helpless Zhongli is with the topic of mora.

Though I couldn't help but rant.

"It's not even the counting problem. He doesn't care about how high the price is. He thinks Mora can, I don't know, be summoned out of thin air! We cant trust him with money at all!"

Crying out, I deflated to the ground, happy that I was able to get that all out of me.

Paimon, who had materialized a clipboard and pen out of nowhere, tapped the writing item against her cheek.

"I see, I see, so he's like you?"

Egging her to go on as I was confused about her comparison, she continued.

"The 10,000 mora incident."

Sucking in a sharp breath, I couldn't believe she still remembered that.

It was months ago, and these two still hold it over my head.

"ONE TIM-"

"Yeah yeah, excuses excuses."

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

We got the necessary Noctilucous Jade after going all the way to Dadaupa Gorge to make sure it was the best quality for the memorial service.