Side Quest! Stary Night

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

“Watch me do a flip and nab that Violet grass right there.”

“(Y/N), I really don’t think that’s a good idea…... Do it.”

Walking aimlessly around Liyue, we all decided it was the best time to explore the place. After all, with all the missions, commissions, and events we’ve been through, a quiet stroll with just the three of us sounded like the best thing ever.

“Watch me. I'll add in a handstand too.”
“(Y/n) please!-“

Before the floating girl could stop me from performing my amazing stunt, we were interrupted by a loud yawn.
“Finally! I almost fell asleep waiting.”

I almost spit out my nonexistent coffee.

Looking around to see who said that I couldn’t find who the voice belonged to. Neither did Paimon.

Aether, who was only watching as Paimon and I bicker, quickly took a defensive position.
However, that proved futile when the random voice in question appeared right behind us.

“THE MAGIC MAN!?!?!” I screamed out in horror.

The woman continued, ignoring my outburst. “Hmm, yes, it seems my predictions were correct, as usual.”

Getting a good look at who we encountered, I noticed her distinct features and out-of-place attire. She certainly didn’t hail from Liyue, seeing her big floppy hat, and starry outfit.

Just who was this woman?

Well, instead of acknowledging our confusion, the astral lady waved us over as she walked up a pair of steps.

“You. Yes, you. Come with me.”

This was all going too fast.
Aether and I remained in our positions, Analyzing the beauty in front of us. Realizing this, I quickly slapped his shoulder, snapping him out of his daze.

“a-Are you some door-to-door fortune teller? Sorry but we're not really interested.” Our white-haired floating sandwich asked.

It seemed this wasn’t the reaction that the woman was hoping to get.
Turning around, she flipped her hair, sighing as she looked at us with observational eyes.

“You’re… not from this world. Are you?”

.

.

.

Now we all spit out our nonexistent coffee.

Sputtering and stuttering, our little trio began to make up all kinds of excuses.

“WHAT NO!?!?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?”

“OF COURSE, THEY AREN’T AHA, WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT!?!”

“IM NOT NERVOUS! YOU’RE NERVOUS! YOU HAVE THE PROWESS OF A ZIPLOCK BAG!”

“I LIKE YOUR FUNNY WORDS, MAGIC MAN-“

“NOPE! NOPE! NO WAY!”

“Yea, you got us.”

“SHUT UP AETHER.”

“SHUT UP AETHER.”

The hydro user before us watched as we bickered among ourselves, looking down on us from the few steps she had taken above.

Her features softening, she let out a content laugh, catching our attention as we looked at her.

“Ahah ha! Well, I am a master of true astrology after all.”