Chatfest

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

Kaeya huffed angrily at his brother behind the counter. However, he made no move to retaliate. He concluded the place was too crowded, and it wouldn't have been worth it.

Meanwhile, the (h/c)-ette beside him was laughing her ass off.

"AHAHAHHHAH- *cough* *wheeze* kekekeee keheheheheheeh. Im dying!" The girl had tears in her eyes from her laughter.

"Diluc, hun, I'm so proud of you."

The redhead merely smiled at the girl's antics. Shaking his head and looking downwards to hide the expression he had from the misery of his brother.

The grape juice must always be respected. Amen.

The other however was not too fond of the girls mock of him. I would even say he was embarrassed to have her laugh at him.

"O-oh noo" the girl placed a hand above her mouth in order to stop her giggles. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh."

Despite her words, she still had a huge smile, trying so hard to repress it yet failing.

"It seems it's time for me to take my leave." Standing up, the cryo user dusted off his shoulders and straightened out his clothing.

"Why did you even come here in the first place?" All bitter feelings washed away from the laughing session, the girl asked this with genuine curiosity.

"I wanted to get a drink before I headed out to take care of some things." He averted his eyes from the girl, "but even this was a lost cause."

Taking his leave, Kaeya lazily waved to the two, not sparing a glance at his brother.

"Ahhh, yes, i do love others pain." The girl chuckled half heartedly as she donned a closed eyed smile on her face.

Diluc sighed, picking up the mug of grape juice left behind and gulping it down in one go.

"Ooh, that was cool, I wanna try."

Handing the girl a cup of grape juice and putting away her one glass of dandelion wine, he examined her to see what she'd do.

*splash*

"GGLURRBBHH-"

A genuine laugh erupted from the red head as he witnessed the girl clumsily spill the grape juice in her hands.

'I- I thought I could do it...'

The girl's confused expression as she looked blankly at the grape juice made him snicker harder.

Before (Y/n) could notice, Diluc hid the semi-smile with his hand, calming himself down at once and glaring at a random table.

"Dammit... you didn't see that!"

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

It was time for me to dip.

T'was fun talking to Diluc and messing with Kaeya a bit, but I had to go and find my outcast squad.

Though I did spill grape juice, it didnt get on my clothes so I was good to go. I did offer to clean it before I left but Red told me not to worry about it.

Saying our goodbyes, I left the tavern and Diluc in search of my floating ration and crop top champion.

After a bit more searching, I eventually found them near the Barbatos staue pavillion

Spotting me, Paimon eagerly waved to me while Aether made a 'come here" motion, which I automatically followed.

"(Y/n)! You wont believe all the things that happened to us!!"

"Nice, storytime!"

"Yes yes, sit down, Paimon will tell you all about it!"

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

"...and then! Kaeya came out of nowhere and told us that he tricked us!!! Can you believe that!"

I chuckled a bit while drinking from my cup of (f/d) courtesy of Aether who went out and bought me this.

"That does sound like Kaeya alright." I couldn't help but agree with what the white haired girl told me. It also explained Kaeya's weird actions at the bar.

"Oh! Oh! Paimon almost forgot, we also learned about these people called the Fatui!" The small girl continued on with her story. "Apparently, they're bad people, who want to take advantage of Mondstadt and other Nations!"

"Fatui huh..." I could feel my tone turn sour, which didn't go unnoticed by my two companions. Not like I was trying to hide my distaste anyway.

"Oh! Do you already know of the fatui (y/n)?"

I looked up from my glass and too the two.
"Yeah... err i mean who wouldnt?"
'Once i find that orange haired bastard, ill make him regret he ever dared-'

"Your going to break the cup." Aethers voice rung out as he pointed out the new splinters on the cup.

Guess I was squeezing it to hard.

"Oh! Oh no, my drink!! Wait-There's still some (f/d) left...!"

Brushing off what had just occurred, I quickly drank the rest and placed the cup down beside me.

Paimon and Aether decided it was best not to ask, and let it go, continuing to chat about the situation at hand regarding 'Stormterror.'

"So anyways, any new progress on the Dvalin thing?"

The two shook their heads. Either they didnt ask or they havent been informed.

Suddenly, something clicked in Paimons pea sized brain, something I couldn't judge... "now that you mention it, we were supposed to go to Jean and Lisa about the crystal we found in the forest."

Aether also seemed to realize as he pursed his lips and remembered the conversation.

"Alright then" I began, "we should head over to the Favonious HQ now. Its better to get this done sooner rather than later."

Agreeing with my words, we cleaned ourselves up from our chatfest on the ground since we refused to sit on the bench for what ever reason.

Benches are for cowards.

Thinking back, I hated to be reminded of that loathesum creatin I had met while passing by Liyue on my Journey to Mondstadt.

'Jerk..... I wonder how hes doing. Hopefully not genoci- ah- who am i kidding.'

Bringing my hand up to my forehead, I refused to let him plague my mind like that without paying rent.

'He's terrifying, but still husband material.'

- - -
✧・゚:* Word Count: 880 *:・゚✧