Birch birch birch bitc- dammit

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

"At last, Mondstadt's rodent ruler in the flesh."

Hearing the women's voice, I had quickly awoken. The smooth voice held a cocky undertone as she strutted towards Venti, who was semi encased in ice.

Seeing the fatui agents around her, as well as the ones who pinned Aether and me down, I had to assume that she was one of the fatui Harbingers that Childe told me about. 

There was one name that happened to cross my mind at that moment. 

'Signora.' 

It was the only name I that felt familiar to call her, as Childe's occasional rants led him to bitching about this lady. To be honest, the name seemed to fit well enough.

but...

'if evil, why hot??'

Signora, as I will now call her, continued her way to Venti, the smirk never leaving her face as she did. "Scurrying through the streets, looking for leftovers..."

Once she was close enough, She roughly grabbed the bard, tilting his chin and forcing his gaze.

"Mondstadt calls this a god?"

I hadn't realized it before, but just how did she know about Venti's secret? If she knows he's a god, then just what does she plan to do to him?

"Resident rodent..." I heard Venti mumble out. "beats invasive vermin-"

*slap*

My gasp echoed under the arches of the Cathedral. It made me wonder just how no one noticed all of this going on. Where were the Knights of Favonious?

From the sheer force of the slap, Venti flew to the side and groaned in pain. Aether who was beside me screamed for the bard and continued to struggle against the fatui's grasp. 

Speaking of which, the fatui who held me down heard my gasp and proceeded to slam my head down in an attempt to silence me. It hurt like hell and caused me to weakly whimper.

"Don't you dare speak back to me, insolent bard."

As I was still facing the 'battle' ahead of me, I could see Venti slightly look back at Aether and me. A look of horror crossed his face as he saw our current states.

That horror quickly twisted into anger as a green glow surrounded him. The wind began to form in a tornado-like pattern as Venti fought against the ice that held him down.

Though the power around him gave off a strong aura, Signora did not seem affected in the slightest. "Look at you, absentee archon of Mondstadt. How impotent you have become."

Venti slowly raised his head, and in a strained voice retorted, "That smirk you wear looks out of place, did you steal it from your master's face?"

Not gonna lie, I would have cheered him on if I wasn't in so much pain.

Venti's expert come-back earned him Signora's rage, as she raised her hand to deliver a blast of cold wind. This blew Venti back hard enough to shatter the ice that had held him in place.

Not wasting a second, Signora rushed forward, thrusting her hand into The Bard's chest.

"Should have held your tongue." She menacingly murmured.

An almost impossible amount of energy exploded from where Signora hit, going out like waves in the cold ocean. An icy mist was left behind as the blue light turned green.

Showing no mercy, Signora painfully ripped out her hand from Venti's chest causing him to fall in agony. Ragged breathes escaped his lips as he clutched his chest.

"You Bitch!"

Again, the fatui agent slammed my head down, almost making me blackout for a second time but I managed to stay awake.

The blond women looked down at me with a smirk, bringing up the glowing, chess-piece like object and scrutinizing it in wonder.

"So. This is a Gnosis? I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this ugly thing in public"

Hey, if you don't like it, then give it back lady.

As a final ditch effort, Venti uttered, "Beauty is a waste... when the beholder has no taste..."

Signora had enough of Venti's smart ass comments and stalked towards him, violently kicking him aside.

"Oh Nah."

As I was only semi-conscious, I tapped to the ground with my foot, which was not being held down by the Agent, and caused a few vines to erupt.

Though they were weak, I did the one thing I wanted to do for a while.

*Smack*

Aiming for the blond's face, I hit Signora as hard as I could, flinging her across the stairs.

Using up all the energy I had left for that one childish move, I fainted from exhaustion.

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

"(Y/N)!"

Aether's screams were unheard by the girl as the sickening cracks of her body resounded through the cathedral.

Knocking against every stair, her form only halted at the area between the two flights of stairs that connected the top and bottom floors.

As Signora rose, she signaled the agent who threw (y/n)'s body down the stairs to stop.

"Haah... hah... enough, we got what we came here for. That girl... so stupid..."

Though she was in pain, The tall Harbinger brushed off her clothing, standing straight once more, as if her pride wasn't bruised.

"Come, before our dear Favonian friends arrive. Leave nothing for them to find."

With a single hit to the head, Aether went down. His vision blurring as the threat of passing out weighed heavy on his mind.

Reaching a weak hand towards the stairs, he struggled to crawl. With all his efforts, he couldn't manage much distance and succumbed to the inky black abyss that cloaked his conscious.

'(y- /n)...'

- - -

*Sigh* what a slowpaced chapter. I wondeerr why. ;)

✧・゚:* Word Count: 941 *:・゚✧