Side Quest! MORE EYELINER! (Part 1)

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

A huge break from Liyue was in order, and that in of itself was an understatement.

And to think I was so excited to revisit the nation of freedom... I guess id have to visit my friends there some other time.

On our walk to the city of Liyue, we passed by Wangshu inn, as per the direct path towards the harbor.

It was as busy and lively as usual.

The commercial area is a natural hub of visitors and merchants traveling from far and wide, meaning there was almost always someone new every day.

But sometimes, it was good to look forward to the usual people as well.

Looking up and towards a certain balcony of the treehouse-like inn, I placed a hand over my eyes to block the sun, and to see clearer.

My smile melted to a pout when I didn't see a familiar head of dark green hair.

"Damn." I tsked and snapped my fingers, moving my arm across my chest as I did.

Paimon, who was beside me quirked an eyebrow.

"What's wrong (y/n)? Are you hungry? Im hungry. You know we should totally eat."

From behind the floating girl, I could see Aether roll his eyes in exasperation.
I couldn't blame him, as the girl had been bugging us since the beginning of the trip to stop and grab a bite.

"Nah it's not that. And stop nagging already, we're gonna eat when we're close to literal starvation.
I'm not wasting 1000 mora on some damn chicken nuggets."

Paimon whined openly, kicking her legs like a child and crossing her arms harshly.

And she didn't stay quiet either.

"stupid... poor friends..."

"THE HELL DID YOU SAY!?"

Aether had embarrassingly hidden away his face, speed walking away as soon as the crowd around us turned heads.

Again, he did the right decision, but Paimon and I followed him as we crossed a bridge, continuing to drag each other verbally.

"-I DON'T EVEN THINK ITS THE DIAPER ANYMORE. IF I WASN'T SO NICE, YOU'D ALREADY BE MY NEXT DINNER!"

"MAYBE YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO RESORT TO EATING PAIMON IF YOU WERE JUST A LITTLE MORE RESPONSIBLE WITH YOUR MONEY LITTLE MISS '10000 MORA INCIDENT.'"

"IT WAS ONE TIME-"

The blonde in front of us stopped suddenly, causing us to halt as well.

Wed leave the bickering for later.

Leaning our heads so that we may see what had cause Aether to stop walking, we were met with the sight of hilichurls.

There were around three of them, standing in a desolate area of the plain.

Though... There was something weird about them that I couldn't quite place my finger on-

"Are they on fire!?"

Paimon looked at me with a scrunched-up look, sending me a confused and nasty glare.
"Obviously Not!"

"But they're smoking! Oh, wait... ARE THEY SMOKING WE-"

Aethers hand moved to my shoulder, and clamped down on it, making me quiet down.

"It looks more like... Sinister energy..."

"Oooohhh" My Mouth formed an 'o' shape, as I nodded my head slowly, pretending to know what that meant.

"Gotcha.... Anyways, im going to go ask for their supplier-"