Dvalin

✧・゚:* (y/n) POV *:・゚✧

"Done and done!" Paimon exclaimed heartily as we made it back up the stairs.

I was trying my best to hide my out-of-breath form, but you could still hear my strained shaky breathes.

Thankfully it wasn't too loud.

Venti, who was a few steps ahead of us smiled fondly. At what? I don't know, and it was kinda creepy.

"I'm thinking about turning these adventures into songs after we're done..." The Archon wondered as he spoke.

To be frank, an honor such as that, to be written into a song that would be passed down for generations, it sounded almost unreal. 

Aether thought the same as I did, "Well, we certainly have gone through quite a lot."

"Hopefully," Venti mused, "this song will be sung for years to come by the people of Mondstadt, just like the Legend of Vanessa."

Ah, the Legend of Vannessa... such an inspiring tale of a passionate warrior who saved Mondstadt from an evil tyrant. I still had the book that told the story. Hopefully, I could listen to the song too.

Jean's eyes sparkled as she heard the name of the warrior. She seemed to light up at the mention. 

"I have loved that song since I was small." She alluded. "How are you feeling today (Y/n), Aether? I am completely prepared and fully confident that we can do this."

At her statement, I felt just how much of a leader Jean was. Her words, her posture, boosted my own confidence, making me more assured of what lay ahead.

"Jean..." I awed in adoration, "How about we get married after this~"

*b o n k*

"Horny detainment for you."

"Aether I swear..."

An amused chuckle was heard by the blond women in front of us. She held a hand to her mouth, attempting to cover her laughter from us. 

Once she noticed our stares, she composed herself to face us, specifically referring to me. 

"You really are interesting, (y/n)."

I can't say I wasn't surprised, as her comment caught me off guard. Though, I did cheekily smile to brush off my shock.

Moving on, Paimon took it upon herself to refer to the silent red-haired male who barely spoke throughout this conversation. "Even Master Diluc accompanied us to the very end. Despite being an accidentally involved bystander."

Though it was true that Diluc wasn't originally involved, the fact that he has stayed with us for this long showed the dedication he has to the protection of Mondstadt.  It was a respectable quality he had, not to mention attractive.

"You shared your secret with me," He humbly replied, "and I only returned your trust to the same extent." 

Smiling at his words, I concluded what each individual's drive was. "So, it was trust that drove Diluc here, and for Jean... responsibility. You two are amazing."

My compliment seemed to make them smile, 'another point for mee~'

"So then," I heard Paimon mock, "What about the Tone-Deaf Bard?"

Not minding Paimons tone, Venti confidently replied with his own reason. "It's 'freedom.' When you first arrived at Mondstadt, did no-one tell you that Mondstadt is the City of Freedom?"

Rubbing the back of my head, I answered his question bashfully. "Well, Amanda-"

"Amber."

"-Amber, did tell us all about it. She loves the city dearly."