Why?

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

My legs burned as we ran to the golden house.

From the entrance to liyue, all the way to this hidden building, we all ran, not stopping once for anything.

We had left behind Zhongli, as he had to attend to his business at the Wangsheng funeral Parlor, but that made me all the more nervous.

"Something else has you worried, right?"

Only glancing, I saw Aether keeping up with my fast pace, Looking at me as he asked his question.

Paimon appeared to hang off of the Blondes' neck, being carried as she couldn't fly as fast as we could run.

"No, im just worried about what Childe is capable of. Even you should know how terrifying he is, only having spent a few days with him."

He nodded, but I could tell my words didn't ease him.
"That's not why your this worried..."

He had mumbled, probably so I wouldn't have heard.
I ignored him anyway.

Jumping down from the ledge we had reached, we activated our gliders, landing on the steps that led up to the golden house, and skipped our way up.

There were no guards here.

A place this important, that handles the very currency of Teyvat left unguarded? Now I felt the weight upon my shoulders get heavier.

'Where we're they?'

We looked around for a bit before we ultimately decided to enter the building.

Kicking down the door, they flew open with the sheer force of my kick. Aether had already reacted, moving up front where he drew his sword, waiting for anyone who might have been lured in by our entrance.

No one came.

Planting my feet to the ground, I reassured Paimon with a small head pat, drawing her out from her hiding spot behind me.

"Woah!" She gazed at the sea of gold before her, looking on in amazement, "This is the golden house? It looked impressive enough on the outside... But the inside!- eh? Oh no! A Milelith Guard!"

Following where she had pointed to, a knocked-out man was bearing the Milelith uniform.

'So he's already here.' I looked around to see if I could find him, but no luck.

"Ah- we have to make sure the Exuvia is alright!" Paimon surprisingly got on track quickly, clutching her fist to show her resolve as her squishy face attempted a serious look.

Without trying, she never fails to make me smile, I was grateful for her presence.

Once we finished checking on the Milelith conditions, we ran across the building, reaching the huge tomb that sealed the exuvia.

But something felt off...

Something was missing from this oh-so-important body, and I could feel it from deep within.

"You've already fulfilled your tasks as guides."

I that constricted. I could breathe for a few moments, as a sudden icy chill ran through me.

Turning around, I saw Tartaglia make his way toward us.

Each step he took lowered the temperature of the room by a sum degree.

"Why do you still linger here? Haven't you seen enough trouble for today?"

Continuing his taunts, he made no effort to sound hospitable at all.
Even his eyes screamed distaste.