Headaches

Short story

                         Words: 632

Even though, in all the chaos that's in his life, Bucky Barnes has to snap at some point. He does this, by training with the punching bags. He punches them with such force his body can't physically hold up for long.

This turns into headaches.

His headaches get bad. Really really bad. In which case takes hours to get rid of. He stays in his room. No lights, no sound, no movement, no nothing. Most times, he let's Steve know so everyone can shut up. But, you guys weren't there. You all went out to the Helicarrier and retrieved information for your next mission. Bucky called out because he didn't want to sit there in boredom for 3 hours straight.

He had another nightmare causing him to lose his mind and snap. He restrains just enough to make it to the training room.

Then so on and so forth.

Just as he was about to fall asleep and wear off his headache, you guys came in. As if on cue to make his head worse, everyone did their loud, annoying thing. You however, weren't apart of that. You liked quiet sometimes. You didn't want to be bothered in your "Me time" and everyone knew this. You got in the Tower but didn't see Bucky. You went and knocked on his door only to be greeted by silence. You slowly opened the door to find him covering his ears and whimpering.

You closed his door and walked over to him and rested your hand on his shoulder. He took his hands off his ears and looked at you. Red surrounding his blue eyes and beads of sweat on his forehead. You didn't turn a light on because you thought he had them off for a reason. You looked around for clues of what was going on.

No lights, almost sound proof, and no movement. He has a headache.

You turned back to his gaze and put a hand on his forehead. His was burning up. He slowly sat up and grabbed your waist burying his head in your torso. You lightly ran your fingers through his hair.

"It hurts..." He mumbled.

"Take pills?" You asked softly.

He shook his head in your stomach and you sighed. He never took pills. He was trained to live through the pain, but since he wasn't in H.Y.D.R.A anymore he's become a little soft. The pain on effects him for at least 10 seconds then he's back on his feet. But headaches? No. Hours is more like it.

The racket out his door went on and he groaned in pain with his face still hiding in your stomach. You pulled him aways and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I'll be back." You whispered.

He nodded and got back under his covers hiding from the noise. Curled up like a 5 year old, he was still your soft bear. And that wasn't going to change. You got outside and told everyone to shut up as you got the pills for Buckys headache. Tony was about to snap something back until he saw the bottle of pain killers. He nodded and everyone disappeared into their rooms. Locked away until further notice.

You took the pills and water back to his room and quietly closed his door. He peeked over the blanket and sat up as you came and handed him the pills. He took them hesitantly and drank the water. You sat the cup on his night stand and got in the bed with him. You were in nothing but your grey sweatpants and the sports bra you had underneath your hoodie. He wrapped his arms around your waist and nuzzled his face in the crook of your neck.

He was going to be okay.