Fixed

You opened your bedroom door and stepped inside flipping on the light. You saw the figure in the corner of your room, their knees to their chest. You were quick to pull out your gun and aim it at them.

They immediately stood up and you heard their ragged breathing. The familiar breathing patter ramg through your ears, you knew exactly who this was. You put the safety back on your gunband shoved it in the waist of your pants. Closing the door, you kicked off your shoes and went into your closet.

"Jesus Christ Bucky, I was that close to shooting you." You spoke, putting your jacket back in the closet, "Why are you sitting in the dark, Bubba?"

He didn't say anything. He just stepped out the dark and wrapped his arms around your waist, hugging you from behind. You heard him sniffle in the crook of your neck and from that one moment, you realized he had a nightmare again. You've been out most of the night due to reports and spy missions with Nat, Fury had an emergency mission and needed them to be done by midnight. Late mission calls were a roundabout thing to do, so everyone took turns doing them. Unfortunately, it was you and Nat. The worst part about this mission was the fact that both of you were completely exhausted, missions all day and then some really does a number on you both. As soon as you two walked through the door, Nat crashed on the couch vowing to do her reports in the morning. You planned to do the same, that was until Bucky was in your room. You then pushed your needs for sleep aside and focused on helping him, you'd do anything for him.

"Can I sleep in here, please?" He mumbled, holding you a bit tighter.

You nodded, "Whatever you need, Bucky."

He kissed the side of your neck sending shivers down your spine as you both made your way to the bed. He climbed in first and stretched out his arms, you didn't hesitate to get in them. He made you feel safe and happy, he made you feel loved. You have the same effect on him, he feels safe when he's with you, he feels like he dosen't have to worry because he knows you'll be right there with him. You make him feel like he's worth something, that he's worthy of your love, even after all the things he's done. You make him feel like he can do anything, and he loves it.

"Thank you." He whispers, burying his head in the crook of your neck.

You hum in response, already feeling sleepy. The steady heartbeat in Bucky's chest was already like a lullaby to you, having you drift further and further away. It was times like these that made Bucky fall more and more in love with you. How you'd push everything aside just to help him, how you'd unquestionably invite him in your room, or even how you'd make sure he was okay even after he said he was fine. You wouldn't leave his side until you were 100% sure he was fine and cared for. Soon enough, he drifted off with you. Feeling more safe and less scared, his arms never left from around your waist and your arms never left from around his neck. You two were inseparable all night. Even the next day, he never left your side. He was always hugging you or resting against you peppering kisses across your face and neck, one and a while kissing the palm of your hand and knuckles. You didn't mind, in fact that exactly what you needed the next day. Since Fury called it a day off for everyone, you didn't know what you'd do. But, as soon as Bucky laid the first feather like kiss to your forehead, you knew exactly what you wanted to do.

He was your everything as well as you were his, and that wasn't changing for the world. You two needed eachother, weather you knew it or not.