Emotions blind the World

Your eyes were lifeless, your eyes weren't even readable. You couldn't smile, you forgot how, you forgot what a smile even was.

H.Y.D.R.A messed with you in the span of 2 days so much, that emotions weren't in your flocabulary. Getting captured in a mission was something you tried to avoid as much as possible ever since Fury inforced the rule. That one rule that everyone had a problem with, the one rule that had Bucky go on a murder spree. He even challenged Fury, he was more than pissed, he was more the furious, he was in his Winter Soldier moment. Moving anyone that got in his way, he chocked out some agents and broke multiple bones getting to the Lab. That's when he saw you. Sitting on the silver table, your head hanging down, and Bruce taking some of your blood to examine. They just got you back today and not knowing what happened to you has Bucky reliving his nightmares, awake.

"Buck-" Steve called stopping him before he got to close to you, "Don't, not yet."

"What the fuck do you mean not yet?!" Bucky spat.

"What you heard! Not yet! I tried, but as soon as I got close she attacked. She's stronger Buck, she's not the same."

Buckys heart broke at his words. His eyes watered as he pushed past Steve and made his way towrds you. He came into your vision and you jumped, Bucky caught you and sat you back on the table. He stood in between your legs as you threw punches, catching both your hands, Bucky intertwined his fingers with yours, your face unchanged. A tear slipped down his cheek and more tears clouded his vision.

"Doll?" He whispered so only you two could hear.

You didn't respond.

"God, what did they do to you?" He mumbled putting your knuckles to his lips, "Please come back."

You lowered your head. Your hair covering the sides of your face. Once Bucky let go of your hand, you looked at it. The familiar tingle crossing your skin but you couldn't place it, your brain in utter mush. You sat your hand down on your side still looking at the floor. An empty hallow shell, you couldn't even muster tears. It was like your heart got flipped upside down to the personality you never touched, the side of you that never came out.

"She needs rest. Until I figure out what's going on with her, the best thing to do right now is put her to sleep." Bruce informed messing with the Holographic screen.

"W-why? Can't she stay with me?" Bucky questioned confused.

"We're all in danger as long as she's awake." Steve answered, "I'm sorry Buck, but she needs to sleep until further notice."

He couldn't argue. As much as he wanted to scream and wake you up from whatever they put in you, he couldn't. He couldn't do anything. He nodded his head as Tony and Bruce took you to Cryo. Not even a drug could put you too sleep. More tears clouded Buckys vision as he followed, everyone else headed back to their rooms. Strapping you in, Tony left, he couldn't watch the person that was like a sister to him freeze in a tube. Bruce stepped back giving Bucky a few seconds before the process would begin. Bucky stepped forward, a small sob leaving his throat as he looked at you. Your eyes fixed on him but you had no idea what was going on, you just knew you were strapped in a tube.

"I'll see you soon. Hopefully you'll feel something or remember something." Bucky mumbled, "Anything."

He kissed your lips then your forehead stepping back and heading to his room. Bruce closed the tube door and pressed one button. The one button that started all of this. Bucky looked back one last time and held back a cry, the fog from the cold blurred the glass so he could no longer see your face. It was done. You were sleep, for god knows how long.

Maybe....forever.