Dinner

Author message
Hey! Wanted to do some questions your do or don't have to answer,

What do you think of the new season

What do you ship

What are your theories

Bughead or barchie

What do you think about tabatha

Betty POV
Last night my mum called to say her and Fp are coming today to have dinner with me and jug and we will be going back with them early to have Christmas together.

Fp probably called jug but reg answered and apparently reg and jug got really drunk yesterday and V is sobering up reg now whilst I'm preparing to leave and have dinner.

I don't really want to see jug right now but I'm doing this for my mum, she wants me happy and if she finds out what's been going on with me she'll flip.

Jughead POV
Last night was wiled to say the least, with me and Betty breaking up I needed a quick fling and so I went to a bar and found a rando girl and just did what I needed to do.

I thought it would help get over Betty but it hasn't
And to make matters better my dad and Betty's mum want a dinner today and then we have to drive together with them back home for 4 weeks of Christmas and no one else is going back, I'll have to convince them to stay longer for the play, I need to go for my grades and normally I wouldn't care less about any play

I'm getting ready to leave and pack a small bag. I decided I won't tell Alice or my dad about Betty and her cuts purely because I don't want Alice to be depressed like Betty told me she was before.

I go out and meet my dad and Betty's mum outside, betty isn't here yet, that's good.

I go and give my dad a hug,
"Where's Jelly?" I say
"Back with Pop, she didn't feel great so he said he'll take care of her." He then grabs my shirt and sniffs it, "you been drinking boy!"
"A bit, I'll tell you about it later, just going through some things dad."
He gives me a look then I hear Alice squeal and run up to tackle someone, Betty
"Betty!"
"Mum!"

I look at Betty her cheeks red marked, tears? And she's wearing a long dress and tights, to cover herself I guess.

She doesn't give me one look, she keeps her eyes of me but I can't keep mine of her.
Then I think about that girl last night, her laugh something familiar, eh whatever I'll prob never see her again.

My dad look at me and Betty, not glued to each others side and says, " Betty jug you good?"
Alice then notices also, "yeah your normally glued to each others side?"
"We're fine mum!" Betty says quickly and doesn't look at me at all.

We get to a small restaurant and get a 4-seater.
My dad and Alice sit next to each other and me and Betty sit next to each other.
I let Betty go in first then I go in. She still doesn't look at me and only my dad notices and says, "right jug be a gentleman and ask Betty what she wants and me and you will order!"
"Betty what do you want?" I say coldly
"Salad and water." She reply's, still not looking at me.
"Fine!" I say and storm out my chair to the line where I wait to order.

I hear my dads heavy footsteps come behind me,
"What the hell is wrong with you two?!"
"We broke up two days ago."
"Oh Jughead and you didn't warn me! Jelly has Betty's sisters old room, which is your old room also and you two are sharing!"
"I'll sleep on the couch, I don't really care."
"Fine but this tension better not last!"

I order the food and then make the excuse to go toilet and stay there for a while.

I just can't sit next to her right now. I shouldn't be angry but I am.
I need a drink.

I decide to sit at the bar and order two strong drinks, for myself only.

I chug them down then get some water to water it down a bit and sit back down to hear how Betty is passing bio and how she's enjoying it quite a lot.
"Yeah, arch isn't to bad he compliments me a lot and that makes me feel nice!" She says and her mum smiles at her daughter's happiness

"Yeah dad you know I actually love English right now, my partner isn't to bad and we are actually in a play soon, so I was wondering if you could stay a couple more days to watch it, I've been rehearsing a lot, I've bought tickets!" I say cheerful, two can play this game Betty

"Wow sound great jug, what play?" My dad says
"Romeo and Juliet, I'm Romeo and a girl in my class is Juliet, I think she's pretty good for the role personally!" I praise Abby and mentally roll my eyes at the thought of what I'm saying
"I mean you are quite the Romeo aren't you! And Betty are you going to the play?" Alice asks
"Nope I have to count money that day, very important!" She says now looking at me, glaring
"No Betty your coming to support Jughead!" Alice demands
I see Betty eye roll and mutters, "whatever!"
Alice gives a strange look but ignores it

Eventually food comes and we all eat less talking happens which is good, I hated talking about Abby like that!

We all decide my dad and Alice could share my room and I'll share with Kangs who actually don't know what is happening.

We postponed the trip back for a couple of days to attend my play and Betty is coming.

I enter Kangs room and they flood me with questions.