Habits

Betty POV
I get a call from jug around 3:25 am
He's wasted, this new habit he's got
"Hey Veronica!" He thinks I'm V?
"You'll never guess what Betty's doing, she's having my baby ehhehehehe me a dad and keeping it and throwing away her life. I wanted to be with Betty beforeeeeee butttt if she's doing this I can't be with someone that crazyyyyy hehehehhe!"
I hang the phone up.

I had been sitting on the sofa for hours waiting for jug to come back, he didn't, instead drunk-dialled me, well, Veronica.

I still stay though, I'm worried about him, all he does is drink, since we broke up.

I want him in the baby's life, but it's his choice.

I end up falling asleep on the sofa then around 7:12am he strolls in
"Ugh God, I need to stop drinking. Oh Betty! Hi." Hi! Hi? Is that what he has to say after leaving me after I tell him I'm pregnant
"Really jug, I tell you your going to be a dad, and you stroll out yelling at me, drunk dialling me and stupid me was so worried I slept here all night and all you have to say is 'hi'! Very funny!" I say angry and go and make my breakfast
"Did you say drunk dial?" So that's what he hears, not anything else huh?
"Yep, you thought I was Veronica." I say
"Oh crap! What did I say?"

I play the phone call to him, I recorded it knowing he'll what to hear it,

"Hey Veronica!You'll never guess what Betty's doing, she's having my baby ehhehehehe me a dad and keeping it and throwing away her life. I wanted to be with Betty beforeeeeee butttt if she's doing this I can't be with someone that crazyyyyy hehehehhe!"
End of call

He stands there awkwardly, "well I hope you know I didn't mean any of that."
"Really? So what about the part 'I wanted to be with Betty before' do you still want to?"

He stays still, "I don't know. Like I said I wanted to before but I think we need space. I want to go back to college though."
"Yeah I agree I think we need space however, do you want to be in the baby's life or not? Because if your going back to college I can't always come with a baby to visit."
"I do want to be in its life and I'll try to make the effort I can for you both. I'm going to go back to school then when I can I'll either visit or work for you both. If your okay with this?"
"Jug I want you to be in mine and the baby's life and I'm going later to try and get a job at pops. I had a appointment yesterday, I'm 8 weeks along."
"Oh so it wasn't that drunken thing that happened." He says, which is awkward because we haven't spoken about that."
"No it wasn't. Anyway I'm happy your here and trying. Thank you ." I finally say
"It's okay Betty, who knows?"
"The gang, my mum and jellybean."
"Why jelly?"
"She found the tests, should we tell you dad?"
"Yeah, I'll tell him if it's okay I need to talk to him later."
"Okay, I'm going to get ready for a job search!" I say happily

This was the first civil conversation we both have had since the break up. I hope it stays this way.

I get changed and I hear Fp cheering, "I'm have a grandchild! My boys done it!"

I laugh to myself, I really like Fp, he's more of a father to me then my dad ever was, not in a weird me and Jughead siblings way though.

I get into my car and drive but before getting congratulated by Fp and everyone all happy. I get to pops and he's just opened for the day.

"Hey pop!"
"Is that one of my favourite customers calling for me?"
"Yeah it's me Betty! Veronica and Jug are also back in town! Me and Veronica for good and Reggie is coming back."
"That's great but what about college Betty?"
"I we dropped out with reg and V because well I need a job because I'm pregnant!"
" congratulations! Oh my well it's yours, you've got yourself a job! Is the baby Jughead's?"
"Yeah but we aren't together anymore."
"Oh sorry to hear that, well you can start now if you want!"
"That'll be great thanks pop."

I take a apron from the back and start taking the early morning orders. This job should help start me off.

I hear the bell ring a bit after, new customer.
I walk over to see Veronica and Jughead in a booth.
"Hey guys what can I get you?"
"B are you working here?" Veronica asks
"Yeah I need money to start myself of."
"I could lend you some."
"No V you've done enough, with the apartment and everything and dropping out with reg."
"What apartment?" Jug asks
"Me B and reg are all going to live at the pembrooke."
"Oh I thought you were staying with our parents to help you when I'm not there."
"No I can do it it's okay, now what do you guys want?"
"Coffee please!" Veronica asks for
"Err yeah the same." Jug says

"Hold up! Jughead Jones in pops for the first time in ages and is asking just for a coffee?" Veronica says
"I guess I've lost my eating habits to-!"
"Drinking." I finish him of saying
"Yeah....... which I'll stop!" He adds
"Ok... we'll see then." I say before adding their orders.