16 weeks

Betty POV
Jugs been distant but we've been talking. He says he'll be coming for the first time in a while to the 16 week scan. He hasn't come back to Riverdale since he said he was busy .

So today is my 16 week scan, today is just some check ups, and maybe see baby again.

I stand in front of my mirror and see a small, but noticeable bump.
"Hey there little baby! How you doing? I can't wait to see you today! Your dad is coming to see you today for the first time today!" I say to my bump.
Then I feel a kick.
"Oh hey! Do you like my voice!"
Another kick
"Oh baby! It's your mummy!"

(Sorry I'm English so I say mummy and mum not mom or mommy, it's the normal way for me)

After that, I go to the hospital to wait for jug before the appointment.
"Hey Betty!" I hear
"Omg jug I haven't seen you in ages in person! The baby! It kicked today!"
I give him a long kiss, or what I wanted it to be, before he pulls away.
"It kicked! What where you saying to it?" This is the happiest I've seen him in weeks
"I was talking about us Juggie, it must have liked it!"
We sit down and he places a hand over my stomach, "ooo a bump. Hey baby, it's your dad! Hey, I love you baby!"

I live him talking to the baby. And as his hands is on my belly and he is talking, a kick!
"It kicked Betty! It's knows I'm it's dad!"
"He definitely does." I say giving him a kiss, and this time hi holds my face in for the kiss longer.

Jughead POV
I'm so happy right now, I forgot about Will and kiss Betty long and hard.

I have been cold and avoiding visiting, but maybe it's time I let it go, maybe she just told him about the baby and they are friends. Maybe I overthought it.

"Betty Cooper!"
"Here!" Betty falls and we get up and follow the the doctor
"Hello again Betty, and I assume you are the father?"
"Yeah Jughead Jones, I was at college at the time and couldn't make the last scan."
"Well I'm doctor Price, I'll be your doctor until birth in August, I believe the 16th."
"Oh great." I say
"Right let's look at your baby! Ah there it is."

I can see my baby. I feel so happy right now!
"It's moving around a lot, it's up and happy!"
"I was speaking to it earlier, it was kicking!"
"Well it must be happy to hear your voices, now I just want to take some tests and a urine sample to check for any infections then you can go and I'll get back to you soon."
"Okay, should I go to the toilet then?" Betty asks
"Yeah, here you can use this tube."

Betty leaves and the doctor prints out some more sonograms
"Here you go, Jughead."
"Thank you. I'm just so happy, will we be able to raise a baby and see it."
"Well congratulations Jughead, I actually if you want some recommendations for books you could read on tips for baby's if you want?"
"Yeah great!"

A little later.
Me and Betty go back to the pembrooke after the hospital.
"Oh hey jug and Betty, didn't expect to see you here?" Veronica says looking at me confused
"Yeah just came from hospital, V the baby kicked today!" Betty squeals
"Omg it did! Yay!"
"Yeah, it likes our voices. But I just need to change clothes, I'm a bit uncomfortable."

And Betty leaves
"You haven't been here in weeks and suddenly your okay?"
"I just thought, maybe they are friends and I'm overreacting."
"But they have been talking more. Betty hasn't told me but I've seen them talk at pops."
"They've what!"
"Look talk to her, I don't want this day ruined."
"Okay.... me either."

After I go to the room and Betty has just finished changing.
"Betty we need to talk."
"Oh about what?"
"So you may have noticed that I've been..... distant, and I haven't been coming in weeks."
"Yeah I have..."
"So the day before I told you I couldn't come, in the Friday, I wanted to surprise you, so I packed a bag and went to Riverdale a day early...."
"And let me guess, you saw me and Will Newman hugging and laughing and it gave you the wrong idea." She says
"Yeah... kind of."
"Look I didn't tell you for this reason, I didn't want you to be worried or not trust me."
"Look i don't want to argue. I trust you, that's why, I didn't yell at you or demand an explanation, I told Veronica that maybe you told him about the pregnancy and you are friend now or something."
"That's exactly what happened and Veronica knew?"
"Yeah I told her to keep me being there at the time a secret."
"Oh Jug. I was really excited to see you as well that day! I'm really sorry I gave you the wrong idea."
"It's okay Betty, don't worry. I trust you. I love you and our baby so much."
I give her a kiss and we spend the rest of the day together.