Chance

Jughead POV
I drive as fast as I can, probably breaking lots of driving rules and reach the hospital.

"Elizabeth Cooper, she's in labour." I say at the front desk
"Argh! Jug where are they?" Betty groans
"There coming look deep breath's, follow my breathing it's okay." I say and she follows but still in pain.
"Right here get her in the chair" the doctor says and Betty goes in the wheelchair and they push her to a room
"How far is she?"
"36 weeks will she be okay, she's early!" I say worried
"She should be okay but when baby comes we'll have to monitor it, it's premature."
"Oh jug our baby!" Betty says getting onto the bed
"It'll be okay Betts." Betts that slipped out, I forgot I'm still a bit annoyed but I can't focus on that now.
"She's 3 centimetres dilated she has a while." The doctor says
"Thank you." I say

Betty changes into a hospital gown and she gets back into her bed and I sit on the chair next to her.
"I guess we have time to talk, and for me to explain." Betty says
"Okay."
"I didn't want to explain before because I was scared of what would happen with us, we just got engaged, I didn't want anything to change. I don't know why I gave will my number and he only texts every few weeks, hardly ever. That was unfortunate timing and I didn't think it was that important because it was basic questions like how are you how's things. Look jug I'm not replacing you at all. I just want you with me, only you."
"Thank you for that and I'm sorry for overreacting. Just to make something clear, when I said I need to clear my head I'm guessing you thought I was going for a drink, well I was but my dad was there and stopped me and gave me lemonade so I'm totally sober."
"It's okay jug, I love you so much."
"I love you too Betty." And we kiss

I text Veronica and reggie and everyone else what's happened, Veronica says she's on her way with reg and so is my dad and Betty's mum, polly said she'll stay with jelly and the twins and then visit more later in the day seeing as it's 2:16am.

Veronica POV
I just get a text that Betty is in labour but she won't have baby for a few hours from jug.

"Reggie! Reg!"
"What Ronnie!"
"Betty's in labour!"
"What really let's go!"

We jump out of bed and get ready and as we are about to leave the door goes.

I go to answer it and open to see Archie Andrews at the door
"Archie why the hell are you doing her, and at 2:20 in the morning?"
"I wanted to apologise to all of you."
"Well I'm kinda busy now so please if you just come back later or follow us I couldn't care less!" I yell
"Where are you going?"
"Hospital."
"Are you okay, I noticed your pregnant."
"I've still got time, Betty's in labour."
"Oh I'll-"
"Ronnie who's there?" Reggie calls
"Uh Archie." I say
"Archie! Yeah right, very funny.......... what are you doing here Andrews!" Reggie says realising
"I just came to apologies and I have something to tell you and Betty and jug, it's to do with Abby."
"Okay Andrews you can come with us but one move on veronica your I'll kick your ass."
"Thank you. Congrats by the way both of you."
"Thanks Archie."

We go down to the car and Archie starts talking again.
"Look you first veronica, I'll never forgive myself for hurting you. I never wanted to turn out like that, my dad probably would yell at me if he was still here. And Reggie I'm really sorry for not being a good friend and hurting veronica."
"Look Archie I'm willing to give you another chance but you need to prove yourself, what do you have in Abby first?" I say
"She's working with Betty's father."
"Uh Ronnie that isn't good is it?" Reggie asks
"Sh*t that's bad we'll keep it quiet till after the baby is born, she can't be any more stressed out then she already is." I reply
"We appreciate this arch, that's the first step to being accepted back."
"It's cool guys."

The rest of the car drive is just us talking and sorting things out.

Jughead POV

Reg and Veronica get here first but they are not alone.
"Why did you guys bring him!" I yell angry outside Betty's room
" he has something he'd like to say." Reggie tells me
"Go on." I say impatient
" I'm really sorry Jughead for being like that with you and Betty. I never wanted to be that type of person I guess I just switched. I would like a chance to be your friends again but I understand if you don't. Also these guys told me to not tell Betty so I'll tell you, Abby is working with Betty's dad. The didn't trust me enough to know what though."
"Okay Archie you'll get one chance. I'm not saying I forgive you but if you continue proving yourself like this we can be friends again. I appreciate you telling me this. And you guys coming. She has couple of hours to go though."
"I don't care jug I'm here for my nieces birth." Veronica says sitting down with reg
"Oh congrats man, on having a baby girl." Archie says to me patting my back.
"Thanks. They are just checking her and I can't be in there for this check up but after we can all go in." I say

After a bit the doctor comes out and we all go in.
"Veronica reg hey! Archie!? What the hell is he doing here Jughead!" Damn she called me Jughead that's not good.
"Er Betty he has some things to say."
"Betty I'll never forgive myself for treating my best friend, you like that. It was immature and I don't know what got into me. The others said I need to work on becoming friends with them again and have given me a chance, I hope you do to."
She sits there and thinks for a bit.
"How do I know your not doing this for Abby?" We already know she's cut ties with Archie but we can't tell Betty that because we can't stress her out."
"Then don't tell me your darkest secrets till I'm trust worthy. She was abusive anyway."
"Okay Archie. I'll give you that chance, one foot out of line and I'll kill you myself!" Betty threats
"Thank you Betty. And congrats on the baby. I need to go and see my mum so I'll see you guys later."
"Okay then." I say

"Okay well guys he seemed genuine." V says
"Yeah for some reason I trust him." I say
"It's weird." Betty says

"Betty! Betty! Where is she? AH BETTY I FOUND YOU!" Alice yells and pushes us all away to get to Betty.