My fault part 1

Betty POV
It's been now a few more weeks and everyone knows, well except one person who's messaged me and I've left them on read and they keep on asking, will.

I never intended on telling him because I don't want him at the wedding, it's all to awkward, but I feel bad not texting back and purposely ignoring him.

He's gonna find out anyway he said he'll still be making trips over to Riverdale so I should maybe twist the truth. I could say me and Jug had some Vegas styled wedding with family only, that could work.

W-Betty how are you? How's baby and Jughead.
W- Betty!? You there?
W-are you okay why aren't you messaging back?
W-are u okay your scaring me!
W-Betty?!
B-sorry my phone died.
W-oh okay, well I have news I'm coming to Riverdale in a few weeks.
B-wow that's good
W-Yeah so anything new with you?
B- I'm.... married I guess! (He's gonna see the ring)
W-wait what? How
B-Vegas! Only close family.
W-ohh congrats! To you and Jughead?
B-yep thanks

I left it like that as did he.

Today me and jug were setting up a nursery in the free room which I think was Hiram lodges office room.

"So we have the things that go in we just need to build them and decorate." I say
"Uh don't you mean I build them, your 36 weeks pregnant, I don't want to give you an early labour."
"It's fine I like building things like cribs."
"Okay if you say so."

We start by painting the wall a light pink not to dark. Then we the shelf's, the pictures and little bits onto the wall.
Then we start with the crib (or cot).
Halfway through it was too much for me so I backed out.

"I thought so, too much?" Jug says laughing in victory
"Shut up and yes. I blame you."
"For giving a baby and adding her into our lives, yeah I blame me too, but I also pat myself on the back with it, I was the one who brought her here!"
"Yeah and I was the one that didn't go to the centre to send her away!" I say back
"That is a horrible thought Betty, god! Gruesome! I don't want to even think about that's ugh!"
"Sorry. I love you baby lots, and whatever your daddy says, he's wrong, I'm always right!"
"Okay, mrs........" I give him a look
"................know it all!" He adds
"Good save, unless you wanted a sofa as a bed tonight I suggest you agree with me, I'm always right!"
"Okay. I mean we'll see though."

After the cot was done jug went to get a drink as I was fixing up some of the teddies for the baby.

Jughead POV

I go and get a drink and as I'm pouring I hear a
DING!
Betty's phone
"Betty your phone went!" I yell through
"Who is it?"

I go over and see a message, from Will Newman.
Seriously Betty, still texting him what now?

W-I'm so excited to see you and the baby, when can we meet up, I want to basically spend the entire time with you!

Smooth will, really smooth. And Betty cannot believe she's still texting this guy.

Betty comes in as I'm reading the message
"Jug who is it?"
"Will Newman." I say coldly
"Oh. Uh what did he say?"
I laugh then read out, 'I'm so excited to see you and the baby. When can we meet up. I basically want to spend the entire time with you!' Why'd he ask that Betty? Have you still been texting him? Am I not good enough?" I say hurt
"It's not that......"
"Uh then what is it?"
She stays quiet.
"Okay so I think the room is pretty much done, if not I'll fix it later, I'm going out to clear my head for a bit. Will you be okay to be left at this stage."
"I'll be fine."
"Okay." And I leave

We could have had that over and done there and then, but no, she didn't want to answer my questions which are quite reasonable. Cant go to our parents, she'll tell them. Veronica and reg are on their way back today, but aren't coming in till later so Betty will be there. Who can I go to?
I mean I've been sober for 32 weeks now, couldn't hurt for a small drink.

I head to the Wrym. Great my dads inside. And he's spotted me, no turning back now.
"Jughead what the hell are you doing here and Betty, 36 weeks pregnant at home?!"
"She's fine she's just texting her ex, I just needed to clear my head."
"Texting her ex? What she saying?"
"Not much but it's more him saying, 'ooo can't wait to spend all my time with you!' And like before whilst we were in a relationship she was meeting up with him and not telling me or Veronica, her best friend."
"Damn. Maybe he's just a friend from the outside for her who understands her point of view more than the others who he doesn't really know."
"That kinda makes some sense but she wasn't answering any of my questions. She just stood there, can I have a small drink just to clear my head."
"Here then."
"Dad this is lemonade, I didn't want this."
"I don't care how annoyed you are or in the wrong she is, if she is, I'm not sending you back to her drunk, one drink and you'll be off the walls. No!"
"Ugh lemonade will have to do then."

Betty POV
I was frozen. I couldn't answer him because I was scared of what would happen to our relationship. I should have never given Will my number in the first place, I don't know why I did.

"We're back!"
"Veronica Reggie!" I yell as I give them a big hug
"Where's jug?" Reg asks
"He uh, he's out clearing his head, knowing him drinking."
"He's drinking and your here, pregnant?!" V says
"We had a argument, Will texted me and I guess I have also been texting only jug saw his last text and I couldn't give him an answer so he said he needed to clear his head."
"Oh B I'm sorry."
"Leaving you here because he's angry? Imma kick his ass if this sends you into labour!" Reg says
"It's my fault guys don't blame him." I say

It is my fault though.