only 1 ii

゚˚✧₊⁎( 𝒃a𝒃y 𝒊 )˚✧₊⁎ 。

"𝓗𝓮𝔂 Isamu," The teenager perked up from his homework. "Can you help me carry a few boxes into the attic?"

"Yeah, for sure." Shutting his textbook, he got up from his seat. Isamu collected two boxes as Kirishima carried the rest.

Feet stammered up the creaky attic stairs. Isamu coughing from the dust bunnies everywhere. "Where do you want me to put them?"

"Just right here." Positioning the boxes down in the nook of the room, Isamu obeyed. The cardboard-filled boxes crashed into the flooring.

"Geez, I hate doing this." Isamu chuckled at his father's overdramatic behavior. As they turned around to walk, he caught something in the corner of his eye.

The cardboard box he dropped had popped open. Demonstrating photos and clothing. Isamu lifted an eyebrow. "You can go on without me. I wanna look around the attic."

"Oh, ok!" Kirishima exclaimed, ascending down the stairs and disappearing down into the kitchen. Isamu got down to his knees, clearing the rest of the cardboard box.

His eyes stung as he stared at what was inside. Slowly reaching in, he pulled up a black hoodie. One that he recognized to be one of his dads. Upon further analysis, he saw a picture fastened to it.

Katsuki happily snuggled against Kirishima while he took a picture a photo. The hoodie laid over his body. Isamu's frown wobbled. Scouring deeper into the box, his grief was only fueled.

Photos, items, gifts were all crowded away in here. It seemed like Katsuki stored these photos as a memory. They appeared so happy. Soon, Isamu came across a particular group of images.

The blonde grinned seemed much more fake in these snapshots. There was barely any during this time. Reviewing the date on the last photo that exhibited Katsuki's genuine smile, his heart plummeted.

He recalled that date. The day he began the abuse on Katsuki. He was the cause of his smile dropping. The phony excuse of one harvested on any photos of that time.

Sighing, Isamu placed the prints back into the box. He froze when he saw what had been unearthed. Slender fingers fastened around the small plastic bag.

A diamond ring rooted inside of it. Running it between his fingers, he saw engravings carved into it. His father and Katsuki's initials with a heart.

"Holy shit..." Isamu gradually got up from the floor. Confronting his father back in the kitchen as he munched on some chips.