Chapter Eleven.

“I was thinking tomorrow after our families go home we could go to the cinema,” George smiled to me as I walked out of the bathroom into our bedroom where he was lying on the bed. “We’ve not been on a date in ages and I miss our dates.”

“Sounds good,” I said, not really taking much notice of what he’d said as I tried to search for my phone charger. “Have you seen my charger? I really need it for tonight.”

“Try the top drawer,” he said, watching me as I frantically searched around the bedside table at my side of the bed.

I looked at him then opened the top drawer. Just like George said it would be, the charger was laid on top of everything. “Thanks,” I said, putting the charger in my bag.

“I really don’t think this concert is a good idea,” George blurted out as I began to towel dry my hair.

“What?” I asked, stopping what I was doing.

“You’re four months pregnant, Sammy,” he said, sitting up on the bed to look at me. “It’s not good for you or the baby.”

“I’ve been fine with the last few concerts,” I smiled. “I’ll be fine; stop fretting.”

“I just don’t think it’s a good idea,” he said.

“George,” I said. “It’ll be fine.”

“Look how stressed out you are though,” he argued. “You always keep your phone charger in the top drawer of your bedside table, yet you didn’t know where it was.”

“I don’t always.”

“You do,” George said.

“George, just leave it,” I snapped before I continued to towel dry my hair. “It’ll fine. We’re telling our families tomorrow. After tonight I’ll think about chilling it down, but not now.”

“Whatever,” he said, getting up from the bed and walking out the door.

As he walked into the lounge, I tried switching the hair dryer on. “Why won’t you switch on, you piece of shit?” I growled at it as it wouldn’t turn on.

“Try plugging it in,” George called from the lounge.

I looked at the dressing table to find the plug of the hairdryer lying beside the empty power socket. “Whatever,” I snarled under my breath as I plugged the plug in.

“Told you,” George shouted from the lounge as the hairdryer turned on.

“Whatever.”

*

“Right,” I smiled as I walked into the lounge where Josh and George sat playing on the xbox. “I’m off.”

“Okay,” George said, not even taking his eye off the television screen.

“Don’t wait up for me,” I said.

“Okay.”

“Have fun,” I sighed as I picked my bag up from the table beside the television screen that had all of George’s attention.

“Okay.”

“Bye Sammy,” Josh smiled to me after looking at George in disbelief.

“I’ve got my key so you don’t have to worry about keeping the door unlocked or anything,” I smiled.

“Okay.”

Josh looked at George in disbelief again. “Have a good time,” Josh said to me.