Chapter Seventy-Two.

“Congratulations,” Lisa grinned to me as I rushed out of the taxi and through the pouring rain to the front of the club. “You did it!”

“It wasn’t just me that did it,” I beamed as Josh and JJ ran up behind me and grabbed hold of my waist. “We couldn’t have done it without each other.”

“Well,” Lisa laughed. “You guys have a really fun night.”

“Aren’t you going to stop?” I asked in confusion as we huddled underneath the sheltered walkway to the club’s entrance. “After all, this wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for you and your genius idea.”

“I’d love to stop,” Lisa said, giving me a good-bye hug. “I really would love to stop but I have a family back at home that are waiting for me to get back to watch The Grinch.”

“Oh,” I laughed as I remembered it was still Christmas night. “Merry Christmas, Lisa and thank-you for everything you’ve done for me. I really mean it.”

“You too, Sammy,” she smiled. “Now you lot have an amazing night celebrating as you deserve it.”

Without any hesitation, all eight of us – me, George, Josh, Chloe, Elle, JJ, Jaymi and Olly – hurried into the club. To our surprise, the club was nearly empty in comparison to the numerous of times that I’d been in there before. Crowding around the bar, we all knew exactly what we would be ordering to celebrate – champagne. After we’d all got a champagne flute topped up with bubbly, we stood around in a circle.

“Christmas number one,” Josh grinned.

“Christmas number one,” we all beamed before drinking our champagne.

As everyone dispersed, George looked at me. “What?” I giggled, getting slightly nervous from his stare.

“Nothing,” he smiled before turning around and walking across the dance floor towards where JJ and Josh were sat.

“Come on girls,” Chloe grinned, grabbing hold of mine and Elle’s arms and pulling us both into the middle of the dance floor where Olly and Jaymi were stood laughing at each other’s company.

“This is my jam!” I beamed as Destiny’s Child’s Bootylicious came on the second that we walked onto the dance-floor.

“Chloe, can you handle this?” Elle sang.

“Elle, can you handle this?” I grinned, sipping on my champagne.

“Sammy, can you handle this?” Jaymi sang as him and Olly joined our circle.

“I don’t think they can handle this,” we all shouted, giggling at each other.

Olly moved us out of the way and got ready to do this solo. “Barely move, we’ve arrived, lookin’ sexy, lookin’ fly, baddest chick, chick inside, DJ, jam tonight,” Olly sang as we all stood around him, cheering him on.

“Spotted me a tender thang,” Jaymi joined in, jumping into the centre of the circle next to Olly.

“There you are, come on baby,” Olly laughed as he began to dance together.

“Don’t you wanna dance with me?” I began to sing with Chloe and Elle as we did our best Destiny’s Child poses. “Can you handle, handle me?”

“You gotta do much better if you gon’ dance with me tonight,” I sang, laughing to myself as I began to dance a crazy dance in between Chloe and Elle.

“You gotta work your jelly if you gon’ dance with me tonight,” Olly and Jaymi sang as they walked closer towards us.

“Read my lips carefully if you like what you see,” Jaymi laughed, pushing his ‘man breasts’ with his hands to form a cleavage, or a failed attempt of a cleavage at least, and started shimmying towards me, Chloe and Elle.