Chapter Sixty-Five.

“Where is she?” I heard a voice say from the hallway as I sat in the lounge, cradling Katy in my arms as she slept.

Gently rocking her from side to side, I walked over to the doorway, making sure I didn’t wake Katy up. By the time I got to the doorway, I was met by Josh, JJ, Jaymi, Olly, Elle and Chloe. They all had huge grins on their faces as they saw me holding onto my four-day old baby daughter. “Shh,” I whispered, still rocking her.

“She is just the most beautiful baby that I have ever seen,” Josh cooed.

“She really is,” JJ added. “She’s so tiny.”

“What’ve you decided to call her?” Elle grinned.

“Katy-May,” I beamed.

“Beautiful name for a beautiful baby,” Olly smiled.

I walked back into the lounge, sitting down on the sofa carefully. “Look Katy,” George grinned, stroking her in my arms. “All your uncles and auntys have come to see you.”

I passed George the baby and stood up. As I headed towards the kitchen to get her bottle, Chloe stood up and followed me. Grabbing one of Katy’s bottles from the counter, I heard Chloe shut the kitchen door behind her. “I’m so proud of you,” she beamed, throwing her hands around me as I got the formula milk from the fridge.

“Whoa,” I laughed as she nearly pushed me straight into the fridge.

“She’s so perfect,” Chloe grinned, still holding onto me tightly.

“I think so too,” I smiled, shuffling back over to the counter to put the milk into the bottle as Chloe still clutched onto me.

“I really am so proud of you, Sammy,” Chloe said, holding onto me tighter than before. “I don’t think you realise how happy I am for you and George either. You both deserve Katy so much.”

“Don’t worry, Chlo,” I laughed, pulling myself away from her grasp to finish off making Katy’s bottle. “You’re already the godmother.”

“Woohoo!” Chloe grinned, sitting down on the stool at the breakfast bar. “But even still, I am so happy for you.”

I stood smiling to myself as I poured the milk into the bottle. As I turned back around to face Chloe, the door opened and in walked Jaymi, holding a wide awake Katy. “They’re all going to the bar for a drink if you wanna go,” Jaymi grinned. “I’ll babysit.”

“I’ll give it a miss,” I smiled.

“Good,” Jaymi said, sitting down on the stool, next to Chloe, at the breakfast bar.

“As much as I’d love to stay and spend time with my goddaughter..”

I interrupted Chloe. “Go,” I grinned, handing Jaymi the bottle of milk as he held onto Katy.

As soon as I said that, Chloe jumped up from the breakfast bar’s stool and ran over to the kitchen door. “Wait for me!” I heard Chloe shout, followed by some footsteps and then the door slamming.

I sat down on the stool opposite to Jaymi and watched him as he gave Katy her bottle. Her little eyes flickered as she sucked onto the bottle.

“How are you feeling, Sammy?” Jaymi asked me as he looked up at me and smiled.

“What? Me?” I asked. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” he smiled.

I nodded. “Everything is perfect,” I grinned.

“Good,” he said, putting the bottle onto the bar as Katy fell asleep. “She really is gorgeous, Sammy.”

“I know,” I smiled, admiring my daughter’s beauty as she slept.