Chapter Sixty-Eight.

“Wait up,” I called to Chloe as we jogged around Hyde Park - Chloe way in front as I lagged behind.

“You’re so slow these days,” Chloe grinned as she waited for me to catch up.

I didn’t say anything to her; instead I just gave her a dirty look as I finally caught up with her.

“Anyway,” she smiled as we began to walk the rest of the running track together. “I was thinking.. do you fancy going shopping later? Josh is taking me out tonight so I need a new dress.”

“I’ll have to check to see if George can look after Katy this afternoon as well but..”

Chloe interrupted her. “Bring her with you,” she grinned to me. “Girly day shopping.”

“You really want to be trying dresses on while she’s crying?” I asked as we got to the car park and into my car.

“Yeah,” Chloe laughed.

I looked at her as if she was crazy. “If you’re sure then,” I laughed as I reversed out of the car parking spot. “So where’s Josh taking you then?”

“I don’t know,” she beamed. “But it sounds important so I thought I’d treat myself to a new dress.”

It took all my energy to stop myself from telling her he was going to ask her to move in with her but I managed to stop myself from spoiling the surprise – instead I just gave her a huge smile.

*

“How about this one?” Chloe asked me as she stepped out of the changing room in a long green dress.

“That’s amazing,” I grinned as I sat trying to amuse Katy.

“Do I look fat?” she asked, turning to look in the mirror. “I honestly think it makes me look fat.”

“You don’t but if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t buy it,” I smiled.

“But I love it,” she said.

“Buy it then,” I laughed.

“But..”

I interrupted her before she had chance to talk herself into changing her mind.”

“Chloe, buy it,” I ginned as I stood up and stood next to her, holding Katy, who was grabbing hold of my hair. “You look amazing in it. Josh loves you, regardless of what dress you wear.”

Turning to me, she nodded. “Fine, I’ll buy it,” she laughed.

As she walked back into the changing cubicle and I put Katy back into her pram, a group of girls walked into the changing rooms. I could tell by the look on their faces whent hey saw me that they had realised who I was straight away. “Oh my god,” one girl beamed as she rushed over to me. “You’re Sammy Jones!”

I nodded as I smiled at them.

“Is this Katy?” another grinned, peering over the pram at Katy as she laid looking up at me.

“Yeah,” I smiled, slowly rocking the pram back and forth as they all looked in the pram at Katy.

“She’s so beautiful,” another one of the girls smiled.

“You’re so lucky to have had George Shelley’s baby,” the first girl ginned to me, before looking back in the pram at Katy.

“I know,” I laughed awkwardly, praying that Chloe would hurry up getting changed.

“How old is she now?” the girls asked me.

“Five weeks,” I smiled.

I don’t know what was wrong with me. I used to be fine with meeting fans, r more George and Union J’s fans, but now? I was panicking and getting all protective over Katy. I didn’t want the girls getting too close to her. Looking at Katy, she didn’t seem to phased by them. Usually she’d be crying if anyone got close but Katy was just lying in her pram, looking up at me with her big brown eyes.

As all the girls made a chorus of ‘aww’s, Chloe rushed out f the cubicle, holding the dress in her hand. “Come on, Sammy,” Chloe said, noticing how awkward I was feeling as I was surrounded by the group of girls.

“We’ve got to get going now,” I said, sighing a discrete sigh of relief as I pushed Katy’s pram towards where Chloe was stood waiting for us both. “Sorry girls.”

“Say hi to George for us,” one of the girls giggled.

“Will do,” I smiled as I turned around to look at them all.

“You okay?” Chloe asked as we walked through the store towards the counter to  pay for her dress.

I nodded. “Fine,” I smiled.