Chapter Ninety-Three.

“How was rehearsals?” Chloe asked as I got into her car as she picked me up from outside the O2 Arena.

“Great,” I smiled. “Amazing in fact. Can we go to Nandos tonight because I’m starving?”

“Sure,” Chloe laughed as she drove into the rush hour traffic.

“Ooh, new magazines,” I grinned, noticing a pile of magazines on the back seat.

Reaching over, I picked one up and put it on my lap.

“You know Lisa has told you to stop reading magazines as you only get upset when they say something untrue,” Chloe sighed.

“Lisa also told me to lay off the chocolate but that isn’t happening anytime soon,” I grinned, shoving a whole Dairy Milk bar into my mouth. “I’m seriously so hungry.”

“I can tell,” Chloe laughed.

I opened up the magazine onto the first page.

“Oh, I saw Katy today,” Chloe smiled.

“Is she okay?” I asked, closing the magazine. “I did text Josh this morning as I knew he was spending the day with her and George today but my phone wouldn’t pick up signal in the arena.”

“She’s fine,” Chloe smiled as she looked at me. “She misses you a lot though. You and George need to sort something out though. She needs her mum back.”

“And I need my little girl back but..”

Chloe gave me a disapproving look as soon as I said ‘but’.

“I’ll ring him tonight,” I smiled.

“There’s something you should know though,” Chloe began as I opened the magazine back up.

“Yeah, what?” I asked, flicking through the pages.

As I flicked through the pages, one article caught my eye.

“George has a new girlfriend?” I read the headline on the page out loud.

“Yeah, George is kinda seeing someone.”

“What?” I asked, looking at Chloe.

“She’s called Emma. George wasn’t gonna tell you but I thought you deserved to know,” Chloe said.

“Oh, okay,” I smiled. “I’m glad he’s happy.”

“Are you sure?” she asked. “It was only the other day you said you hoped he was sat in your apartment crying over your things and missing you like crazy.”

“I never said that..”

“Yeah, you did,” Chloe laughed. “I think there was something about him turning into the next Adele or something too.”

“Oh yeah,” I laughed awkwardly. “I didn’t mean it though.”

“Are you sure?”

I nodded. “It’s time we both moved on.”

I might have managed to convince Chloe that I was moving on, but I hadn’t convinced myself. Nevertheless, convincing Chloe was one step closer to convincing myself.

“Oh yeah, Justin asked me to be his girlfriend today and I said yes,” I smiled, trying to change the subject from George.  

“Whoa, really?” Chloe asked in shock.

I nodded. “It was quite cute actually. He sang ‘Boyfriend’ to me while on stage in rehearsals,” I beamed.

“Hear that?” Chloe asked. I shook my head. “That’s the sound of fifteen-year old Sammy crying hysterically with happiness.”

I laughed. “Shh, my fangirl days are well over.”

“No, what was it you kept telling me whenever you made me watch Never Say Never? Once a Belieber, always a Belieber?”

“Shut up,” I grinned, nearly dying of embarrassment as she drove to Nandos.