Chapter Twenty-Eight.

“George!” I shouted, banging on the bathroom door. “How long do you honestly take in the shower? I need to do my hair.”

“Chill,” he grinned as he opened the bathroom door and walked out, surrounded by a cloud of steam.

“How hot do you need the water?” I coughed, fanning the steam away from my face as it burned on contact. “It’s like a sauna.”

“That’s not the water,” he winked to me.

Rolling my eyes, I laughed at his failed attempt at a flirty joke. “I said to everyone that we’d be setting off in an hour and JJ called to say him and Josh would be here in 50 minutes since Olly and Jaymi are gonna meet us all there,” I smiled. “So we should get there for eight.”

“You’d better get ready then,” George grinned as I shut the bathroom door.

*

“Rylan has done amazing for himself,” Josh gasped as we walked up the drive to the front of Rylan’s house.

We walked up to the front door and knocked on it. Waiting for an answer, we all looked at the house and its surroundings – it was gorgeous. I didn’t even know that houses like this existed, especially in England. As the door opened, Lucy came bolting her way through the door and wrapped her arms around me. “Finally!” she laughed, hugging me tightly.

I giggled with surprise, hugging her back.

“Hi Lucy,” George laughed, watching us both hug.

“Sorry but I’ve missed her lots!” Lucy apologised as she pulled away from the hug.

After everyone’s brief little reunion hugs, we followed Lucy through Rylan’s house to the back garden where everyone was sat in the log cabin at the very end of the garden. Snow was still lying on the ground as we walked across the decking walkway to the log cabin. As we walked in, I saw Jaymi and Olly sat laughing on one of the chairs and Jahmene sat talking to Rylan and James on the sofa next to the chair.

“Sorry guys,” Lucy said. “I’m stealing Sammy for a girls only talk.”

“Girls only?” Rylan asked. “That includes me then, right?”

“Yeah,” I grinned.

Rylan got up off the sofa, putting his drink down on the coffee table and rushed over to where Lucy was dragging me. Sitting down on a barstool, we all sat grinning in silence. We hadn’t been reunited properly in ages.

“God, I’ve missed this,” Lucy laughed after a few moments.

“I know,” Rylan said, pulling an over-exaggerated sad face. “I’ve missed my girls.”

“Hold on a second,” Lucy said, pausing the conversation with a confused look on her face. “What’s that?”

“What’s what?” I asked, putting a straw in the glass of champagne.

“That,” Lucy said, taking hold of my hand and pointing to the ring.

“Oh, that,” I laughed. “Yeah.. um..”

“George!” Rylan shouted, looking at me in disappointment.

I looked over to George as he sat on the sofa talking to James and Jahmene. Lucy still had hold of my hand so George instantly knew what they wanted him for. “Oh yeah,” he smiled, walking over.

“George!” Rylan shouted again, examining the ring on my finger.

“When were you going to tell us?” Lucy questioned, looking at me and then at George.